|Relative key||D♭ major
enharmonic: C♯ major
|Parallel key||B♭ major|
|Dominant key||F major / F minor|
|B♭, C, D♭, E♭, F, G♭, A♭, B♭|
B♭ minor or B-flat minor is a minor scale based on B-flat, consisting of the pitches B♭, C, D♭, E♭, F, G♭, and A♭. Its key signature has five flats. The harmonic minor scale would use an A♮ instead of A♭.
B-flat minor is traditionally a 'dark' key. Important oboe solos in this key in the orchestral literature include the second movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4, which depicts "the feeling that you get when you are all alone", in Tchaikovsky's words. Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 is also in B-flat minor. An Alpine Symphony by Richard Strauss begins and ends in B-flat minor.
The old valveless horn was barely capable of playing in B-flat minor; the only example found in 18th-century music is a modulation that occurs in the first minuet of Franz Krommer's Concertino in D major, Op. 80.
In classical music
- Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings
- Frédéric Chopin's Piano Sonata No. 2, Nocturne Op. 9 No. 1, Scherzo No. 2 (ends in D-flat major)
- Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Sonata No. 2
- Dmitri Shostakovich's Symphony No. 13 and String Quartet No. 13
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1, Sérénade mélancolique and Marche Slave
- Sir William Walton's Symphony No. 1
In popular music
- "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed. The verses are written in B-flat minor.
- "Say Say Say" by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson is written in B-flat minor.
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by U2 is in B-flat minor.
- "Part-Time Lover" by Stevie Wonder is in B-flat minor.
- "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk is in the key of B-flat minor. 
- Wilfred Mellers, "Round and About in Górecki's Symphony No. 3" Tempo 168 3 (1989): 23
- J. Murray Barbour, Trumpets, Horns, and Music (1964), p. 163
- "First edition score of Piano Sonata No. 2, Op. 35". Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Sheet music for Nocturne No. 1, Op. 9". Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Sheet music for Scherzo No. 2, Op. 31". Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "First edition score of Piano Sonata No. 1, Op. 36". Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "First edition score of Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 23". Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Perfect Day" sheetmusic
- "Say Say Say" sheetmusic
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday" sheetmusic
- "Part-Time Lover" sheetmusic
- "Lose Yourself to Dance" at audiokeychain.com
- Media related to B-flat minor at Wikimedia Commons
|Diatonic scales and keys|
|The table indicates the number of sharps or flats in each scale. Minor scales are written in lower case.|