|Origin||Republic of China (Taiwan)|
|Label(s)||EMI Taiwan (2000–2004)|
|Past Members||Ben Pai
|Influences||Boyz II Men, Backstreet Boys|
B.A.D. (Not to be confused with English Post-punk group Big Audio Dynamite) was a Taiwanese boy band whose members are Ben Pai, Alex Tien, and Danny Huang. The group's name comes from the first initial of each member's name. Pai, Tien, and Huang met at a singing competition in Los Angeles, and began working together in the spring of 1998. The trio was recommended to Liu Wei-tz'u, a manager who eventually sent them to Taiwan to work with EMI.
Under EMI, the trio released their first album, Not Quiet, on December 30, 2000. Although B.A.D's debut stayed under the radar, their second album, released in November 2001, put the group into the spotlight. That album, All I..., earned a Best Group Award at the 13th Golden Melody Awards and a nomination for Best New Artist at the 8th CMA Awards. In 2003, B.A.D. was nominated again for Best Group at the Golden Melody Awards, but lost to S.H.E.
Each member of B.A.D. grew up in Taiwan prior to studying in the United States. Ben Pai, born August 2, 1979, attended California State University, Los Angeles during his tenure with the group. Alex Tien, born September 12, 1979, attended the University of Southern California during his time with the group, and graduated in June 2002. Danny Huang, born July 9, 1978, was a student at the Musicians Institute. For most B.A.D. tracks, Pai sings the high notes, Tien sings the middle notes, and Huang sings the low notes.
- Not Quiet (2000)
- All I... (2001)
- Song To My Lovely Queen (2002)
- Beginning of My Dream (2003)
- B.A.D (2004)
Awards and nominations
At the 3rd Global Chinese Music Awards, two songs—"Half an Ocean" and "Kingston's Dream"—combined to form B.A.D.'s nomination for Best Group. Best Group honours were ultimately won by Yu Quan, who won the Bronze Award, Twins and S.H.E, who shared the Silver, and F4, who won the Gold Award.
|Golden Melody Awards||Best Group||All I...||
|CMA Awards||Best New Artist||B.A.D.||
|Global Chinese Music Awards||Best New Artist||B.A.D.||
|Top 20 Songs of the Year||"Lost Contact" (失了聯絡)||
|Golden Melody Awards||Best Group||Song To My Lovely Queen||
|Global Chinese Music Awards||Best Group||B.A.D.||
|Most Popular Male Artist||"Half an Ocean" (半個海洋)||
|Top 20 Songs of the Year||"Half an Ocean" (半個海洋)||
- "让歌坛不安静--台湾组合“B-A-D”专访(附图)" (in Chinese). Sina.com. 2001-06-04. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "B.A.D乐队组合介绍及大事记" (in Chinese). TOM Online. 2003-02-17. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "專輯詳細資料" (in Chinese). International Standard Recording Code. Retrieved 2008-07-30.[dead link]
- "华语音乐榜中榜--短信投票最受欢迎新人奖候选名单" (in Chinese). Sina.com. 2002-01-23. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "第十三屆金曲獎得獎名單" (in Chinese). Government Information Office. 2004-04-28. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "第十四屆金曲獎入圍名單" (in Chinese). Government Information Office. 2004-04-29. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "第十四屆金曲獎得獎名單" (in Chinese). Government Information Office. 2004-04-29. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "B.A.D完全档案" (in Chinese). 2003-02-17. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "第三届全球华语歌曲排行榜年度回顾" (in Chinese). TOM Online. 2003-08-09. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "第三届全球华语歌曲排行榜之完全获奖名单" (in Chinese). TOM Online. 2003-09-19. Retrieved 2008-07-18.
- "年度最佳新人候选名单" (in Chinese). TOM Online. 2002-08-30. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- "年度候选金曲 (选20首)" (in Chinese). TOM Online. 2002-08-30. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
|This article on a Taiwanese band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|