B. J. Daniels (American football)
BJ Daniels in 2012.
|No. 5 Seattle Seahawks|
|Date of birth:||October 24, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Tallahassee, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||217 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Tallahassee (FL) Lincoln|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 7 / Pick: 237|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Bruce Edward Daniels, Jr. (born October 24, 1989) is an American football quarterback who is currently a member of the Seattle Seahawks. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the seventh round of the 2013 NFL Draft after playing college football at South Florida.
Born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida, Daniels was zoned for Chiles after playing for Deerlake Middle School, but illegally played for and graduated from Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, where he once threw 8 touchdowns and 723 yards in a game vs Demply Prep. Daniels finished the 2009 season with 1983 yards passing, 772 yards rushing, and 23 total touchdowns. In 2010 Daniels had a slump in performance, passing for only 1,684 yards. He had a huge drop in rushing yards with only 259 on 112 attempts, averaging 2.3 yards a carry. He managed 16 total TDs, both career lows. Daniels responded in his junior year with 3,205 total yards. Daniels was on his way to becoming the all time yardage leader in Big East history when his senior season was cut short due to injury. Daniels ended his college career with 8,433 yards passing for 52 TD's, and 2,068 yards rushing for another 25 scores. Daniels achieved 10,501 total yards and 77 total touchdowns at USF, and finished his career second on the all time Big East yardage leaders. Daniels finished his college career high on all of USF's rushing and passing leaderboards. Daniels is also a member of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.
San Francisco 49ers
Daniels was claimed off waivers on Oct. 2, 2013 by the Seattle Seahawks. Daniels was waived by the Seahawks on November 16, 2013. Daniels cleared waivers and the Seahawks signed him to the practice squad on Nov. 18, 2013.
- Ferrante, Bob (September 26, 2009). "QB Daniels, Strong Defense Lead USF past FSU". Lakeland Ledger. Archived from the original on October 3, 2009. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- South Florida Bulls 2012 Statistics - Team and Player Stats - College Football - ESPN
- B.J. Daniels Stats - South Florida Bulls - ESPN
- Barrows, Matt (April 27, 2013). "Night kap: 49ers take mobile USF quarterback in final round". The Sacramento Bee.
- Wesseling, Chris (October 2, 2013). "B.J. Daniels claimed off waivers by Seattle Seahawks". National Football League. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Farnsworth, Clare (November 16, 2013). "Russell Okung returns; QB B.J. Daniels released". Seahawks.com. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Condotta, Bob (November 18, 2013). "Seahawks re-sign QB Daniels to practice squad". The Seattle Times. Retrieved November 18, 2013.