B. J. Nilsen
Nilsen began working with experimental music and sound at an early stage. He was influenced by the early tape movements with the pioneers of sonic assault.
In 1990, he released his first recordings at the age of 15.
In the early 1990s, he spent a couple of years as a guitarist/bass player in several local bands.
In 1996, Nilsen founded Hazard. He has since then focused on the sound of nature and its effect on humans, field recordings and the perception of time and space as experienced through sound. He closely collaborates with Chris Watson, Stilluppsteypa, and Hildur Gudnadóttir.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2008)|
- (1991) This Crying Age (Cold Meat Industry)
- (1992) Spindrift (Cold Meat Industry)
- (1996) Lech (Malignant Records)
- (1999) North (Ash International)
- (2000) Wood c/w Bridge/Field (Ash International)
- (2001) Wind in collaboration with Chris Watson (Ash International)
- (2003) Land (Touch)
- (2004) Live at Konzerthaus, Vienna (06_12_03) (Touch)
- (2005) Fade to White (Touch)
- (2005) Víkinga Brennivín in collaboration with Stilluppsteypa (Helen Scarsdale Agency)
- (2006) "Sov Gott" appears on a split 12" with Milan Sandbleistift (Licht-Ung)
- (2006) Drykkjuvísur Ohljódanna in collaboration with Stilluppsteypa (Helen Scarsdale Agency)
- (2007) The Short Night (Touch)
- (2007) Second Childhood in collaboration with Hildur Gudnadóttir & Stilluppsteypa (Quecksilber)
- (2007) 22' 22" in collaboration with Z'ev (iDEAL Recordings)
- (2008) Passing Out in collaboration with Stilluppsteypa (Helen Scarsdale Agency)
- (2009) Man From Deep River in collaboration with Stilluppsteypa (Editions Mego)
- (2010) The Invisible City (Touch)
- (2010) Draught #1 cassette (Ash International)
- (2010) Space Finale w/Stilluppsteypa on cassette & double LP (Editions Mego)
- BJ Nilsen.com - Official website
- BJNilsen biography at Touch
- BJ Nilsen at Discogs
- Two and a Half Questions with BJ Nilsen - Interview on Headphone Commute (Feb, 2010)
|This article about a Swedish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|