B. Prasada Rao
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2013)|
B. Prasada Rao (Telugu: ప్రసాద రావు) is an Indian police officer from the state of Andhra Pradesh presently serving as the in charge Director General of Andhra Pradesh Police. He is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer from the 1979 batch of the Andhra Pradesh cadre. He was appointed as in charge Director General of Police (DGP) of Andhra Pradesh on 30 September 2013. Earlier he served as the Director General of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
Early life and education
Prasada Rao hails from Guntur district of coastal Andhra. Earlier, he served as police commissioner of Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam and as superintendent of police of Nizamabad, Karimnagar and Nalgonda districts. He also served as Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of AP State Road Transport Corporation. He did his M.Sc. (Physics) from IIT (Madaras) in 1977, continues to evince keen interest in physics. He still research in his lab at home. He also authored a book 'Word power to mind power', a unique method of learning and memorizing English vocabulary applying visualization and contextualization.
- "Andhra Pradesh Police". APStatePolice.org.
- "Prasada Rao is DGP in charge". Times of India. 2013-10-01
- "Anti-Corruption Bureau" APOnline.
- "Prasada Rao Appointed As DGP". APnewscorner.
- "Prasada Rao leads race for DGP post". Deccan Chronicle. 2013-09-28.
- "B Prasada Rao named interim DGP of Andhra Pradesh". Zee News India. 2013-09-30.
- "There will be no friction with media, says in-charge DGP". The Hindu. 2013-10-01.
- "Prasada Rao named DGP of Andhra Pradesh". The New Indian Express. 2013-09-30.