B.ay A.rea D.erby Girls
|Metro area||San Francisco, CA|
Richmond Wrecking Belles
San Francisco ShEvil Dead
Golden Girls (All-Star Team)
Oakland Convention Center
Dry Ice Hockey Arena, 2004-2008
The B.ay A.rea D.erby Girls, or B.A.D. Girls, is an all female flat-track roller derby league based in the San Francisco Bay Area in Northern California. B.A.D. Girls were founded in 2004 and are members of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA). B.A.D. Girls is a skater owned and operated 501 (c)(3) non-profit league. The league is composed of 4 member teams for intra-league play, and an all-star travel team that competes nationally. As of September 30, 2013, BAD is currently ranked second overall in the entire WFTDA.
Home Teams Compete locally.
- Berkeley Resistance (founded 2011)
- Oakland Outlaws (founded 2004)
- Richmond Wrecking Belles (founded 2005)
- San Francisco ShEvil Dead (founded 2004)
Travel Team Competes nationally.
- Golden Girls (All-Stars)
The B.A.D. Girls have a "Swim Team" aka "Free Agent Pool," composed of skaters coming back after a long term absence, skaters who have not yet been drafted to a home team, and skaters who are in the process of transferring to the league from another league or Reckless Rollers.
B.A.D Girls provides an environment for women of all athletic abilities to compete with like-minded women and push themselves to a higher athletic ability. B.A.D. started a recreation league in 2010, Reckless Rollers, which is composed of derby skaters in training, BAD alumni and league members.
2006-9 "Skater Tots": The B.A.D. Girls would provide equipment & skating lessons to an economically disadvantaged grade school, for 8 weeks out of the school year, essentially, being the 'gym class' for a trimester.
Other community involvement
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2014)|
- Beer Booth @ San Francisco PRIDE Parade
- Beer Booth @ Oakland PRIDE w/Mayor Jean Quan,
- Guest appearance @ Piedmont Fourth of July Parade
- Guest appearance @ Beats 4 Boobs.
The B.A.D. Girls have also partnered with: San Francisco Breast Cancer Emergency Fund, SF Cheer, The Girl Scouts of NorCal, Rocket Dog Rescue, The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence & Alameda County Food Bank.
August 30, 2009: "What Would Brian Boitano Make" Food Network,
November 16, 2009: B.A.D. Girls appeared in the video for "Felt Chewed Up" by Slug and Murs on the album "Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez". Directed by Alexander Tarrant & Justin Metros
October: "The Hot 20 Under 40" issue of 7x7 Magazine
- "Bay Area Derby Girls homepage".
- "Reckless Rollers".
- "Ronada-Ramona Neighbors Win For Parade Float".
- "Beats for Boobs 2010".
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
- "12/8/2006 WFTDA National Rankings", WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "February 2006 Dust Devil Invitational Rankings", WFTDA [version of 23 February 2007]
- "Current WFTDA Rankings", Derby News Network, October 2007
- "Dust Devil 2007", Flat Track Stats
- "Texas Shootout 2007", Flat Track Stats
- "Battle Royale", Flat Track Stats
- "Tournament Results", Northwest Knockdown
- "Derby on the rocks 2009 Western Regionals", WFTDA
- "Rollin’ on the River 2010 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- "Uproar on the Lakeshore", WFTDA
- "Bridgetown Brawl WFTDA 2011 West Region Playoffs", WFTDA
- "Bay of Reckoning", WFTDA
- "Grits and Glory", WFTDA
- "D1 Playoffs: Salem", WFTDA
- "What Would Brian Boitano Make - Derby Girls".
- "What Would Brian Boitano Make--Brian Feeds Bacon to Derby Girls".
- "Felt Chewed Up".
- "2008 Hot 20 Under 40: 7x7 Magazine".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bay Area Derby Girls.|