Like the Basic stamp, the Basic Atom line is based upon various microchips pre-programmed with an interpreter, making it easy to change "programs", as they are only "data" being interpreted. A compiler converts a high level language into the interpretive "code" which is then loaded in as data, and run.
- The product line consists of:
- Basic Atom - Basic Stamp 2 compatible devices, claiming faster execution
- Basic Atom Nano, a series of pre-programmed chips for those that want to integrate the functionality into other products without adding other boards
- Basic Atom Pro, a line of higher capacity devices.
- Board-level products, such as for robotic control, etc.
- Accessories such as power supplies.
One small Basic Atom Pro is implemented as a Single in-line package thus taking very little area on a board, at the expense of greater height.
|This robotics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|