BASToF Lemon (hangul: 사이버 영혼 바스토프 레몬), (also known as BASToF Syndrome) is a South Korean animation series, which ran for 26 episodes in 2001. Six volumes of videos were released on VHS and DVD in North America by ADV Films, the largest producer-distributor of animation. "BASToF" stands for "Be A Stranger To Fear."
The setting of the story is the year 2097 AD, the place the city of Xenon. An ultimate cyber game, where players fight as biomech cyber robots, has been developed. However, there's something wrong: the game's cyberspace and the real world are linked, thus the damage done in the game's cyberspace creates real destruction in the city of Xenon. This all started when players heard a painful scream, saw a ghostly face, and a powerful scent of lemon overcame them. To solve this mystery, the creator of the game assembles a "Dream Team," which is the top three gamers in all of Xenon. The team is composed of rebellious and arrogant teens, who have to overcome their attitudes and fears to find the answers, answers to the mystery that is much bigger than just the game.
This animation parodies the MMORPG or Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.
- A good film in Film section of 2nd quarter for Digital Content in 2001 by Ministry of Information & Communication, Maeil Economic Newspaper
- Bronze medal at 2001 Digital Contents Competition (Korea IT Industry Promotion Agency)
- Top 100 for Digital Innovation in 2001 by Hankuk Daily Newspaper
- Best TV series in "Korean Cartoon Competition" sponsored by Ministry of Culture & Tourism
- Dongwoo Animation page
- BASToF Lemon (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- BASToF Lemon at Mimanbu (Korean)
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|