BA School of Business and Finance
|BA School of Business and Finance|
|Former names||Banking College|
BA School of Business and Finance (Latvian: Banku Augstskola) is one of the leading, self-financing business schools in Latvia. It was founded in 1992 as Banking College under the Bank of Latvia and in 1997 accredited as a higher educational institution.
In 2007 BA School of Business and Finance celebrated its 15th anniversary. It supports United Nations initiative and follows the Principles for Responsible Management Education. On December 11 BA School of Business and Finance announced its decision to achieve Investors in Excellence Standard (a national standard which is based on the concepts of Excellence and the nine criteria of the widely used European Excellence Model (EFQM)). In 2007/2008 BA School of Business and Finance has been recognized as one of 1000 world’s best Business Schools!
Today it offers undergraduate, graduate and post - graduate programmes in Economics and Entrepreneurship, Business Administration and Finance. The study processes have gained an explicit international dimension. Graduates are nationally and internationally recognized entrepreneurs, managers, consultants, experts and professionals.
BA School of Business and Finance is located in Riga which is a very exciting and interesting place to pursue studies and gain an insight into the whole Baltic region!
BA School of business and Finance offers following study programmes:
The first level professional education programmes
Bachelor's degree study programmes
- Business administration
- Risk management and Insurance
- Innovation and Product Development in Business
Master's degree study programmes
- Business Administration
- International finance and Banking (a Double Degree Programme with Swiss Business School)
- Creative Industries Management
- Innovative Entrepreneurship
- Financial Management
Doctor's study programme (3 years)
- a Joint Doctoral Programme in Business Administration
Membership in international organizations
- Network of International Business Schools
- Professional Inter-University Management for Educational Networking
- European Association of Institutions in Higher Education
- Baltic Management Development Association
- Central and East European Management Development Association
- European Network for Business Studies and Languages
- European Foundation for Management Development
- Midlands Excellence/Investor in Excellence