|Type||Radio network and website|
|7 june 1969|
BBC Nepali (Nepali: बीबीसी नेपाली) is one of the 27 language services provided under the BBC World Service's foreign language output. It broadcasts in the Nepali language on GM, mediumwave, and over the internet.
BBC Nepali was launched on June 7, 1969 as a weekly program on the BBC World Service. In the early years the programs were hosted by Nepali students studying in the United Kingdom. Puran Agrawal was the first host of the show. At the end of 1970 programming became available five days a week, and later was made available on every day of the week.
Initial programming was directed at British Gorkha soldiers working in Hong Kong. Later the shows became widely popular in the Nepali community as trustworthy news broadcasting. Today the broadcasts are received by Nepali speakers worldwide.
BBC Nepali concentrates on news, analysis, and discussion. It covers 45 minutes of Radio Time. A daily fifteen minute program is transmitted at 07:15 AM (UTC +1:30) and half-hour program is transmitted at 8:45 PM (UTC +5:45).
== Key Journalists ==
- Chief : Rabindra Mishra
Based in London:
- Desk Editor : Suman Kharel
- Program Producer : Bhagirath Yogi, Navin Singh Khadka
Based in Kathmandu:
- Program Producer : Jitendra Raut
- Correspondents/Producer : Sharad KC, Surendra Phuyal, Sanjaya Dhakal, Rama Parajuli
- Correspondents outside Kathmandu : Umakant Khanal, Bikram Niraula, Sita Mademba, Sita Niraula, Ishwor Joshi, Narayan Karki, Bashundhara Gautam, Madhav Nepal, Brujkumar Yadav, Netra K.C., Haridevi Rokaya, Umid Bagchan, Phanindra Dahal
== Management ==
- Business Development Officer : Ojaswi Dhungel
- Office Manager : Riva Bhattarai