BBC Oxford Introducing
BBC Introducing in Oxford is a local music show in Oxfordshire, and part of the main BBC Introducing brand. The show is broadcast between 20:00 and 21:00 on Saturday nights on BBC Oxford and is presented by Dave Gilyeat and Liz Green.
BBC Oxford Introducing began as an internet only radio show, available weekly on the BBC Oxford website and presented by Tim Bearder and Dave Gilyeat.
The programme then launched on BBC Radio Oxford in March 2005 as 'The Download'. It was transmitted on Friday nights for ten weeks, before moving to Saturdays. In May 2011 it moved to Sundays.
With the launch of the new BBC Introducing brand in 2007 The Download was renamed BBC Oxford Introducing. In February 2009, a new tool was launched on the BBC Introducing website to allow users to upload their music directly to the presenters. In September 2009 BBC Oxford Introducing launched its own BBC podcast.
The show plays one hour of local music every week. This includes a live session from a local act, a recommendation by Huw Stephens at BBC Radio 1, a demo review presided by Ronan Munro, editor of music magazine Nightshift and a weekly cameo from Bill Heine.
BBC Oxford Introducing regularly gives local acts their first radio play. It showcased Foals at an early live gig  and secured a slot at Radio 1's Big Weekend for Stornoway. This led to the band's appearance on Later... with Jools Holland. Lewis Watson received his first radio interview in February 2012.
Little Fish were awarded a headline slot on the BBC Introducing stage at Reading and Leeds and a Maida Vale session, and acts including Dive Dive, Glass Animals, and Charly Coombes and the New Breed have also been given festival opportunities.
January 2011 saw Fixers featured on the BBC Radio 1 playlist. The band, whose first radio play was on the show in August 2009, were also awarded slots on the T in the Park and Reading and Leeds Festivals stages.
BBC Oxford Introducing has released four charity CD compilations in aid of Children In Need.
The first, The Download Sessions, featured acoustic performances by local bands.
The latest three releases are available on iTunes.
- Nightshift Music Magazine interview with Tim Bearder and Dave Gilyeat
- The official BBC Oxford Introducing website
- Nightshift Music Magazine
- BBC Introducing Uploader
- The official BBC Introducing website
- BBC Introducing on MySpace
- BBC Introducing on Radio1
- BBC Introducing on BBC 6 Music
- List of BBC Introducing local shows
- What is BBC Oxford Introducing?
- Musicinoxford.co.uk interview
- BBC Introducing Uploader
- BBC Podcasts - BBC Oxford Introducing
- BBC Oxford Introducing launches weekly podcast
- Au Revoir Tim Bearder
- MusicInOxford.co.uk podcast
- The next Download Live
- Babe, So Now Why No by Jonquil
- Mr Fogg live at Reading and Leeds Festivals
- Little Fish at Reading
- How to get your unsigned band on the Radio 1 daytime playlist
- BBC Music - Fixers
- Reading and Leeds line up 2011
- BBC Introducing announces T in the Park line-up
- Last.fm line up http://www.thisistruck.com/programme/lastfm-stage
- Stornoway interview in Nightshift http://nightshift.oxfordmusic.net/2008/sep.pdf
- BBC Oxford Introducing interview in Nightshift http://nightshift.oxfordmusic.net/2010/mar.pdf
- The Download Sessions
- A Quantum of Covers
- A Quantum of Covers at MusicBrainz
- BBC Oxford Introducing recreates The Bends by Radiohead
- BBC Press Office - Round the Bends