|Born||Rustom Cariño Padilla
May 15, 1967
|Other names||Rustom Padilla|
|Spouse(s)||Carmina Villaroel (m. 1998–2002) annulled|
|Parents||Carlos Roy Padilla
and Eva Carino
BB Gandanghari (English: Miss Beautiful King, born Rustom Cariño Padilla on May 15, 1967) is a Filipina transsexual actress and commercial model. She is the elder sister to actor Robin Padilla and younger sister to Royette and Rommel Padilla, both actors. In January 2009, after returning from the United States, Gandanghari came out as a trans woman and changed her name to BB (sometimes spelled Bebe Gandanghari), saying that the person which the people used to know is already dead. In an interview, Gandanghari stated the name is derived from the word Bb. (abbreviation of Binibining) Gandanghari, translated in English to Miss Beautiful King, and it's also a reference of her personal motto of "'Be' all that you can 'be'".
Gandanghari entered show business as a matinee idol and later as an action star. She also once hosted a franchised version of Wheel of Fortune on ABC 5. After her hosting stint, Gandanghari left the Philippines and studied filmmaking in the US.
Gandanghai appeared in the film version of the comic book Zsazsa Zaturnnah (her first film role as a gay man) as the gay salon owner Ada (Adrian), alter ego of Zsazsa Zaturnnah, in TV series La Vendetta via GMA 7 and movie Happy Hearts. She was also a cast member of ABS-CBN's Eva Fonda.
In 2009, Gandanghari hosted the National Kidlat Awards in Boracay, Philippines. She appeared again in SRO Cinema Serye: Rowena Joy.
Gandanghari was born to Carlos Roy Padilla and Eva Carino. She has 7 siblings, 3 brothers and 4 sisters In 1994, Gandanghari married Carmina Villaroel who filed for annulment after several months. It was granted in June 2002.
She became one of the 14 housemates in Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. On March 2, 2006, she came out of the closet on the show by telling fellow housemate Keanna Reeves that she was a gay man On day 45 of the competition, Gandanghari opted to voluntarily leave the house.
In January 2009, Gandanghari came out as a trans woman. She plans to undergo sex reassignment surgery. Her brother, action star Robin Padilla, at first said that he fully accepted the decision, but later he has recanted his earlier statements and admitted that he is still shocked and not on good terms with her. Their mother, and all of Gandanghari's brothers still call her Rustom.
- Enchanted Garden- TV5 (2012) as Ms. Michiko/Helfora
- Cool Center – GMA (2009–2010)
- SRO Cinemaserye: Rowena Joy – GMA (2009)
- Eva Fonda – ABS-CBN (2008) as Patty
- Super Inggo 1.5 – ABS-CBN (2007) as Super Inday's alter ego
- La Vendetta – GMA (2007) as Alfie Camba
- Aalog-Alog as Rust
- Komiks: Fun Haus as Ringa Master
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition – ABS-CBN (2006)
- Wheel Of Fortune – ABC (2001)
- Saan Ka Man Naroroon – ABS-CBN (1999)
- Pintados – GMA (1999)
- GMA Love Stories – GMA (1996)
- Spotlight Drama Special – GMA (1994)
- GMA Telecine Specials – GMA (1993)
- 17 Bernard Club – ABC (1993)
- Valiente – ABS-CBN/GMA (1994–1997)
- Lunch Date – GMA (1992)
- Davao, Ang Gintong Pag-Asa – RPN (1991)
- Happy Hearts (2007)
- Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, ze Moveeh (2006)
- Yamashita, the Tiger's Treasure (2001)
- Ganito ako magmahal (1999)
- Bilib Ako Sa'yo (1999)
- Ako'y ibigin mo... Lalaking matapang (1999)
- May isang pamilya (1999)
- Ganito na akong Magmahal (1998)
- Walang katapusang init (1998)
- Abuso: Case #6433 (1997)
- Paano Kung Wala Ka Na (1997)
- Bilang Na Ang Araw Mo (1996)
- Maruja (1996)
- The Jessica Alfaro Story (1995)
- Sana Dalawa ang Puso ko (1995)
- Marami ka pang kakaining bigas (1994)
- Darna (1994)
- Mistah (1994)
- Brat Pack (1994)
- Kadenang Bulaklak (1994)
- Ikaw (1993)
- Gagay, Ang Prinsesa Ng Brownout (1993)
- Kapag Iginuhit ang Hatol ng Puso (1993)
- Hanggang Saan Hanggang Kailan (1993)
- Ngayon at Kailanman (film) (1992)
- Narito ang Puso Ko (1992)
- Magnong Rehas (1992)
- Onyong Majikero (1991)
- Hindi Magbabago (1990)
- 1992 PMPC Star Awards for Television – Best New Male TV Personality
- 2007 Gawad Urian Best Actor award
- 2009 National Kidlat Awards Foundation, Host
- bio. Robinpadilla.net. Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- Salanga, Elyas Isabelo L. (2009-01-18). Rustom Padilla is now Bebe Gandanghari PEP.Ph
- Franco, Berni (2009-01-19). "Good-bye Rustom Padilla, Hello Bebe Gandanghari" (in (Tagalog)). ABS-CBN.com.
- Carmina, Zoren open to working with Rustom. Gmanews.tv (2007-01-31). Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- "Rustom finds his way home". Asian Journal Online. October 11, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Group backs Bebe Gandanghari’s reported sex change plan. Abs-cbnnews.com (2010-04-21). Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- Showbiz Transformations 2: Of Looking Better and Gender Benders. Pep.ph (2008-06-16). Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- Padilla and his brothers still in "state of shock" over BB Gandanghari; still calls BB "Rustom". Pep.ph. Retrieved on 2012-08-17.