Beak released their self-titled debut album on 17 November 2009. The music was recorded live in one room with no overdubs or repair, only using edits to create arrangements. All tracks were written over a twelve-day session in Bristol, England. Beak also produced the debut album Anika by Anika and co-wrote two of the album's songs in 2010.
In 2010, the band toured in the US and the UK. They were chosen by Portishead to perform at the ATP I'll Be Your Mirror festival, that they curated in July 2011 at London's Alexandra Palace, as well as the US version of ATP's I'll Be Your Mirror in Asbury Park, New Jersey.
- "Geoff Barrow forms new band". Line of Best Fit. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- Michaels, Sean (1 September 2009). "Portishead's Geoff Barrow announces new band". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- Phares, Heather. "Beak> - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-02-20.
- Phares, Heather. "Anika". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- "ATP: I'll Be Your Mirror London". Atpfestival.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
|This article on an English band or musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|