|Founder||Bernardo Hernández Blázquez|
|Bernardo Hernández Tinoco (Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||Jamón ibérico and Meat products|
Number of employees
BEHER, or Bernardo Hernández, is a Spanish ham producer company that has worldwide fame. It is situated in the village of Guijuelo (Salamanca, Spain), in the Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) Jamón from Guijuelo. This third generation family company was founded in the 1930s and is now one of the 300 biggest companies in Castile and León.
In 2001 and 2004 it was awarded "Best international company" during the International Fair in Frankfurt, the main international fair of meat products. Among the many products of Beher "Bellota Oro" (Gold Acorn) stands out, in 2007, 2010 and 2013 it was awarded "Best ham in the world".
In the beginning of the 1930s, Bernardo Hernández Blázquez began his business in the sector of “Pig slaughter” using family experience to integrate completely into the market. In the 1970s the founder's son Bernardo Hernández García took the company’s management in his hands and began to rear Iberian pigs in his private pastures. Nowadays his sons manage one of the 6 best companies in the sector with 2% percentage of the market. The products of BEHER are exported to more than 30 countries all over the world such as Australia, Brasil, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Russia and the European Union.
BEHER embraces all stages of the manufacturing process, from rearing pigs on its farms to manual cutting of the ham, getting a homogeneous production and world-wide recognition in the sector of sausage products, cold meats and collations.
- Acorn-fed Jamón ibérico (Iberian ham).
- Acorn-fed Iberian sausage products: loin (lomo), pork sausage (chorizo), salami (longaniza), bacon (panceta) and summer sausage (salchichón).
- Etiqueta Oro (Gold Label): Acorn-fed back-leg and front-leg Jamón ibérico ham. Chosen because of its wealth of oleic acid.
- Etiqueta Negra (Black Label): acorn-fed ham.
- Red Label (Etiqueta Roja): Acorn-fed back-leg and front-leg Jamón ibérico ham.
- Rashers: Cut by maestro Anselmo Pérez, the current Spain champion of ham cutting.
- International Fair of Frankfurt - IFFA Delicat (Germany), which is the main international meat fair:
- 1995: 5 gold medals.
- 2001: 10 gold medals, and Honorific prize "Best foreign company".
- 2004: 13 gold medals, and Honorific prize "Best foreign company".
- 2007: Grand Special prize in ham category, 14 gold medals, and Prize of Honour in category of sausage products.
- 2010: Special prize in ham category, 16 gold medals.
- 2013: Special prize in ham category, 22 gold medals.
- Food & Drink Expo (Birmingham):
- 2006: Prize for best international product.
- SUFFA (Stuttgart):
- 2006: gold 3 medals.
- Great Taste (Great Britain):
- 2006: bronze medal
- Salón Nacional del Jamón SANJA (National Ham Exhibition), Teruel (Spain):
- 2001: National award of quality of ham.
- I Feria del Jamón de Castilla y León, Segovia (Spain):
- 2013: Prize for best "Jamón de bellota" (acorn's ham).
- "The Iberian ham BEHER renews its title of "Best Ham In The World" in Germany". elcatavinos.com. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "Un jamón de Guijuelo renueva su título como 'Mejor Jamón del Mundo' en Alemania" (in Spanish). Rtvcyl.es. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "Los diez mejores jamones ibéricos" (in Spanish). CARLOS MARIBONA. 2011-08-04. Archived from the original on 29 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "Jamon Beher SA". Losimportadores.com.au. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- Castilla y León Económica, Las 5000 mayores empresas, Castilla y León Económica, February 2009
- "About IFFA". Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "BEHER History". Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "BEHER in the world". Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "Inaugurada la nueva sede de Beher" (in Spanish). Rtvcyl.es. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "BEHER Awards". Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- Tolosa Sola, Lluis (1998), Calidad en Ibérico, RT& A ediciones. ISBN 84-923599-0-0
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BEHER.|