BET Centric Award
The BET Centric Award (simply called the Centric Award) formerly recognized and was awarded to neo soul and/or traditional R&B artists. However, BET began recognizing specific songs and their respective videos in 2013. The award is named after one of BET's sister channels, Centric. The Centric Award was first awarded in 2006 as the BET J Cool Like That Award. The name of the award was changed when BET J was rebranded as Centric in 2009. It is usually awarded during the red carpet pre-show.
Nominees and winners
|2014||Jhené Aiko||The Worst||Won|
|Aloe Blacc||The Man||Nominated|
|Jennifer Hudson / T.I.||I Can't Describe (The Way I Feel)||Nominated|
|Liv Warfield||Why Do You Lie?||Nominated|
|Wale / Sam Dew||LoveHate Thing||Nominated|
|2013||Tamar Braxton||Love and War||Won|
|Fantasia||Lose to Win||Nominated|
|Charlie Wilson||My Love is All I Have||Nominated|
|BET J Award|
|Kindred the Family Soul||Nominated|
|Corrine Bailey Rae||Nominated|
- BET.com BET Awards 2011, "Centric Award". Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- BET.com BET Awards 2010, "Centric Award". Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- latimesblog.com "BET Awards 2009: list of winners". The Los Angeles Times. 18 June 2009. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- BET.com BET Awards 2008, "BET J Award". 2008. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- gossiponthis.com "The 2007 BET Awards". 27 June 2007. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- About.com "BET Awards 2006 - Winners and Nominees". 2006. Retrieved 27 June 2010.