|Commenced operations||January 2002|
|Key people||Yanko Ivanov (CEO)|
BH Air Ltd. is a Bulgarian airline headquartered in Sofia. Owned by the tour operator Balkan Holidays Ltd and as such offers charter flights to the UK, Scandinavia, Germany, Israel and Switzerland, as well as ad hoc charters to other destinations. The airline's main base is Sofia, secondary ones at Bourgas, Varna and Plovdiv.
BH Air was founded in 2001 and began operations in January 2002 with flights from Sofia for needs of the UK tour operator "Balkan Holidays Ltd" (No Connection with BH Air)- London. The airline began to fly with a single Tupolev Tu-154M, and the number of aircraft increased to four a few months later.
In the summer of 2003 its first Airbus was put into operation. Later the airline leased three more Airbus A320s, and the fleet increased to eight aircraft - four Tu-154Ms and four A320s. In 2004 the airline begin to perform charter flights for Balkan Holidays, Kuoni, TUI and a large number of smaller tour operators. For 2004 BH Air transported around 400,000 passengers to and from Bulgaria.
In 2005 BH Air signed a two-year contract for a wet lease with Virgin Group. This led to the creation of a new airline in Nigeria - Virgin Nigeria. BH Air aircraft also operated for Air Arabia and Pacific Airlines.
In 2006 the airline retired its Tu-154s.
In 2007 after the work with Virgin Group and gaining experience, BH Air participated in the creation of a new airline in Sri Lanka - Mihin Lanka. The company also operated private business flights with one Gulfstream G550 and one Gulfstream G200 . The aircraft were operated mainly for First Investment Bank.
On January 17, 2013, the company was granted an exemption from the United States of America Department of Transportation (DoT) for flights to USA specifically to New York (JFK) and Chicago (ORD) as the company requested in its application to DoT in November 2012.
At this moment BH Air has over 230 employees, of which more than 40 are pilots and 100 are cabin crew.
From the Spring of 2015 the company will start regular flights from Sofia Airport to New York and Chicago. They have plans also to start regular flights to Kuala Lumpur after they've been choosen by the Bulgarian government to operate the airline. 
|Airbus A320-232||3||0||—||180||180||LZ-BHG ; LZ-BHH ; LZ-BHF|
|Total||7||1||Last updated: January 2015|
- BH VIP - The company also operated private business flights with one Gulfstream G550 (LZ-FIA)  and one Gulfstream G200 (LZ-FIB)  to destinations in Europe and Middle East.
- "Contact us." BH Air. Retrieved on 23 September 2009. "BH Air Ltd. 7A Dyakon Ignatii Str., 2nd floor, Sofia, 1000 Republic of Bulgaria"
- Flight International 27 March 2007
- "BH Air – Fleet". BH Air. 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Bulgaria Air - Details and Fleet History". Planespotters.net. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- BH Air LZ-FIA captions at BGspotters.net
- BH Air LZ-FIB captions at BGspotters.net
- Photos - BH Heli captions on BGspotters.net
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BH Air.|