Birla Institute of Management Technology
|Birla Institute of Management Technology|
|Motto||Competing for the Future|
|Type||Private business school|
|Endowment||INR 400 million|
|President||B. K. Birla|
|Academic staff||89 resident, 200 visiting|
|Location||Greater Noida, NCR (National Capital), India|
|Affiliations||AICTE, Govt. Of India|
Birla Institute of Management Technology (Hindi: बिरला प्रबंधन एवं प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान, ग्रेटर नोएडा ; BIMTECH) is a graduate business school located in Greater Noida, an education hub in the National Capital Region of India. It was established in the year 1988.
The Institute was established under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture. BIMTECH's new Bhubaneswar business school offers full-time PGDM program, Business Management, International Business, Insurance and Risk Management, Retailing and Merchandising Management and Entrepreneurship and Family Business, as well as a number of executive education programs. Harivansh Chaturvedi is the current Director of the institute.
- 1 Programs Offered
- 2 Faculty and location
- 3 Publications
- 4 Rankings
- 5 Notable alumni of BIMTECH
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (International Business) (PGDM-IB)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Retail) (PGDM-RM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Insurance Business Management) (PGDM-IBM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Sustainable Development Practices) (PGDM -SDP)
Centre for Research Studies conducts doctoral and post-doctoral programmes. The programme is offered in collaboration with University of Mysore, Mysore (Karnataka); Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Rajasthan and University of Assam, Silchar.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
During the six trimesters, besides three core courses, students are required to submit winter dissertation under the supervision of a mentor. During the two-year programme, 1250 hours of class room teaching is provided along with extra and co-curriculum activities that are parts of the programme.
The students enrolled in the programme are part of the student bodies drawn from all other programmes of the institute. The student conduit has members from six committees i.e. Discipline Committee, Mess Committee, Newsletter Committee, Media Committee, Cultural Committee and Sports Committee. These conduits not only apprise students of latest developments in their respective fields but also engage them in organizing various activities.
Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (PGDM-IB)
The PGDM-IB is a two-year, AICTE-approved, full-time program focused on international and global business relationships as well as the import/export business. The number of applicants admitted to this program is limited to 60 currently.
PGDM-IBM (Insurance Business Management)
This course was launched in 2000 by the Centre for Insurance and Risk Management (CIRM). With dual specialization in Life and Non-life insurance. The first of its kind in the country to offer full-time education in Insurance and Risk Management, the centre offers masters programme to prepare young professionals for the industry. This two-year, Full-time, programme has been approved by AICTE, MHRD, Government of India. To develop competence in management of risk through fundamentals of Insurance with specialization in management of insurance company, underwriting & risk management. The aim of the Centre for Risk Management and Insurance (CIRM) of BIMTECH is to turn out management executives who can, so to say, hit the track running. Two-year, Full-time, (Approved by AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India) Accredited by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), Govt. of India, the course has an intake of 60 students. Life Office Management Association (LOMA),USA is BIMTECH's educational partner and BIMTECH is an approved centre for LOMA examination. Quite a few of the life insurance subjects taught are based on the LOMA curriculum. The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), UK has accorded recognition (by way of credits) to the PGDM-IBM(Insurance Business management) course. This two-year PGDM (Insurance Business) has been recognized as equivalent to the Associate level of the Insurance Institute of India,Mumbai.
The Retail Management Programme Is an AICTE-approved two-year full-time education focused on retailing and merchandising management. The PGDM (RM) program is the pioneer two-year full-time program in Retail Management approved by AICTE.
The PGDM (SDP) is developed to offer in the academic and experiential learning mode. Programme will be offered under the semester system with two terms of field training. The programme on Sustainable Development Practices is in response to paradigm shift in social changes, national and international policies on development goals and livelihood, dynamics of national and international priorities and responsible business and its operations which necessitate new capabilities and tools for administrators and managers. Classroom learning, practice seminars and field training are given high weight age in this programme. The agencies /organizations working in the areas below have been identified in order to give students the required exposure and confidence.
- Financial inclusion
- Sanitation and water
- Health care, nutrition
- Rural infrastructure
- Social protection / equity
- Women empowerment
- Energy conservation
- Renewable energy
Faculty and location
BIMTECH has over 89 full-time faculty, and on a daily and yearly basis, about 15 and 250 respectively visiting faculty. BIMTECH is located in Greater Noida in the nation's capital region.
Most of the Institutes research work is published in the form of study reports, journals, research papers, interviews and newsletters. The institute publishes three bi-annual journals and a bi-monthly newsletter. The journals of the Institute cover topics like management, insurance and risk management. BIMTECH also claims to have started the first national report on insurance industry known as "India Insurance Report".
The following are the Journals and National reports published by the institute.
- Business Perspectives
- Journal of Insurance & Risk Management
- Indian Retail Review
- India Insurance Report
|Business – India|
BIMTECH is consistently ranked as one of the top B-Schools in India.It was ranked No. 16 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2011 and No. 17 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18's Top B-Schools in India.
Notable alumni of BIMTECH
A few of the notable alumni are:
- Ravi Kunwar, Director - North Business Unit Nokia India Pvt Ltd
- Rajat Kotra,Vice President-GE Capital
- Sandeep Sehgal, General Manager CEAT Tyres Ltd.
- Manish Gupta ,Head-Product Marketing Yahoo!
- Kapil Suri, Director-DTH Business The Walt Disney Company India Pvt. Ltd.
- Aditya Aggarwal,G.M.-Commercial Business Head East, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Kirti Manucha, Head-HR (North & East) FedEx Express
- Vikas Gera,Senior Manager-Operations, Whirlpool
- Sunder S. Narayana,Asso. General Manager-MphasiS, Bangalore, India
- Jasleenn Suri,Director, Syndicate Bank
- Vineet Arya,Senior Marketing Manager, Sandisk Inc
- Alok Gupta,Founder & Managing Director-Pyramid Cyber Security & Forensic
- Arun Khanna,Head of Corporate Real estates – India & Global Resourcing HSBC Technology & Services – Service Delivery
- Avtar Monga,Managing Director – Global Delivery Center of Expertise, Bank of America
- Deepak Pandit,Corporate Account Manager-Microsoft Corporation India Pvt Ltd
- G. Jaipal,Principal Consultant – TCS, Bangalore
- Harveen Singh Bedi,Product Manager-Nestle India
- Homa Mistry,Chief Executive Officer-Trail Blazer Tours India Private Ltd
- Jayant Batra,National Head, Parts and Accessories-Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd
- Jugal Kishore Vashist,Chief Executive Officer-Kirloskar Pneumatic Co Ltd (RoadRailer Division)
- Kumar Vishal,General Manager & Head-Digital Payments-CanvasM (a Tech Mahindra Co.)
- Mayank Jain,Supply Chain Leader, Asia Pacific-SABIC Innovative Plastics
- Neetu Batra,Marketing Manager,South Asia Region- Malaysia Airlines
- Raj Kumar Kanjhlia,Senior Manager,Energy, Natural Resources & Utilities (ENU), APAC Region-Wipro Technologies, Bangalore
- "BBimtech Retail". Bimtech Retail.
- "The 50 best business schools". Business Today. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "India's top 50 business schools" (jpg). Hindustan Times. 30 August 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "Top B-Schools in India". CNBC-TV18. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- Official BIMTECH website
- BIMTECH Retail website
- BIMTECH's Debating and Theatre club website
- About BIMTECH