From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up bin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bin and similar can mean:
- A kind of receptacle, especially a wastebin or recycling bin.
- A "bin box" or pallet sized container: bulk box
|Look up 宾 in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
"bin" can mean:
- /bin, a common Unix directory
- bin(), a function in Python that converts an integer into a binary number
- .bin, a filename extension for binary files
- .bin, a CD disk image file format
- Bin (city), a settlement in Xia- and Shang-dynasty China
- Bin, Iran, a village in Mazandaran Province, Iran
- Bin County, Shaanxi in Xianyang, Shaanxi, China
- Bin County, Heilongjiang in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Science and mathematics
- In mathematics, the histogram of a discrete variable that can acquire m different values is called an "m-bin histogram"
- In statistics, each of a series of ranges of numerical value into which data are sorted in statistical analysis  (see Data binning)
- Bin (computational geometry), space partitioning data structure to enable fast region queries and nearest neighbor search
- Binoculars, short form Bins, two identical or mirror-symmetrical telescopes mounted side-by-side
- In video editing, a bin is a location, real or virtual, for storing media to be used in a production
- Sin bin or sin-bin, an informal name for a penalty box
- In Arabic personal names, "son of", e.g. in "Hamad bin Khalid bin Hamad"; variation of ibn
"BIN" can mean:
- Bank Identification Number
- Believe in Nothing
- Bini language (ISO 639 alpha-3: bin), a Benue-Congo language spoken in Edo State, Nigeria
- Belgian Institute for Normalization
- British India (FIFA country code: BIN), the portions of present-day India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Myanmar that were under British colonial rule
- "Buy It Now", a purchasing method on eBay
- Badan Intelijen Negara, Indonesia's State Intelligence Agency
"Bins" can mean:
- the plural of bin
- an abbreviation for binoculars
- All pages beginning with "BIN"
- All pages with titles containing "BIN"
- All pages beginning with "bin"
- All pages with titles containing "bin"
- Money bin, a fictional structure of Scrooge McDuck
- Binary (disambiguation)
- New Oxford American Dictionary.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title BIN.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.