BI Graduate Student Society
BI Norwegian Business School's Graduate Student Society is the student association for all Master of Science students, including master-level exchange students, at the BI Norwegian School of Management in Oslo, Norway. The association was established in 1993. Since 2005 GSS has encompassed all MSc specializations based at BI in Nydalen.
The society’s main function is to provide a social and academic environment for BI’s master students. Activities such as social events and academic seminars are arranged, to support students in building new friendships and networks. BI sponsors the Master Chamber, the academic arm of GSS that handles all issues pertaining to the academic life of BI Master Students.
The Graduate Student Society is run by eleven current BI Norwegian Business School master students. The 2012-2013 Board is:
- President: Lars-Fredrik Håkonsen
- Vice-President: Kevin Cassidy
- Finance Manager: Karthik Gowda
- Communications Manager: Magnhild Faxvaag Volden
- President of the Master Chamber/Academic Manager: Ingrid Marie Zeiner
- Vice-president of Master Chamber/VP-Academic Manager: Siri Randen
- Event Manager 1: Johan Nicklas Welhaven
- Event Manager 2: Nicolai Bjaanæs
- Event Manager 3: Rada Bikineyeva
- Event Manager 4: Helge Alexander Venge Tollefsen
- Sponsor Manager: Heidi Gjøen
GSS recruits at the beginning and end of each academic year.
GSS is partly responsible for improving the overall welfare of MSc students at BI, and in charge of organizing social functions for students. Events have including the GSS Boat Trip Party (not to be confused with the Copenhagen weekend boat trip).
- "About GSS". Gssbi.no. Retrieved 2012-10-18.