|Tour by Maxwell|
|Start date||June 17, 2009|
|End date||December 2, 2009|
|Shows||50 in North America
11 in Europe
|Maxwell concert chronology|
BLACKsummers'night Tour is a tour by American R&B singer Maxwell. The tour was in support of his platinum hit album BLACKsummers'night. The trek kicked off on June 17, in Grand Rapids, Michigan throughout North America. The tour continued during the fall with a second U.S. run in September, and additional dates added throughout Europe, his first tour there in 11 years.
Before the release of Maxwell's anticapted album BLACKsummers'night released on July 7, 2009 the singer embarked on a summer tour that kicked off in North America on June 17, that ended on August 2, in New York. Following the summer U.S. leg, he added dates for the fall outing starting Sept 2, at the House of Blues in Boston, Massachusetts that included supporting acts R&B singer Chrisette Michele and hiphop artist Common joining him on Sept. 25 in Toronto. Maxwell kicked off a European tour on oct 28, in Birmingham, UK with a final run ending on November 13, at London' s o2 Academy Brixton.
- Laura Izibor (USA—Leg 1)
- Chrisette Michele (USA—Leg 2)
- Common (USA—Leg 2)
- "Phoenix Rise"
- "Dance wit Me"
- "Sumthin' Sumthin'"
- "Get to Know Ya"1
- "Bad Habits"
- "Lovin' You"
- "Simply Beautiful" (Al Green song)
- "Everwanting: To Want You to Want"1
- "Gravity: Pushing to Pull"2
- "Help Somebody"
- "Fistful of Tears"
- "No One"
- "Playing Possum"2
- "This Woman's Work"
- "Stop the World"
- ". . . Til the Cops Come Knockin'"
- "Pretty Wings"
- "Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)"
- "Whenever, Whereever, Whatever"
1 performed only on select dates in the USA and Europe
2 performed on dates in the USA
- Keyboards/Piano: Robert Glasper
- Guitar: Hod David, Derrick Hodge
- Bass: Sean Michael Ray
- Percussions: Timbali Cornwell
- Drums: Chris Dave, Spanky Mc Curdy
- Trombone: Saunders Sermon
- Saxophone: Kenneth Wahlum III
- Organ: Shedrick Mitchell
- Trumpet: Keyon Harrold
- Background vocals: Latina Webb, Keyon Harrold, Saunders Sermon, Kenneth Wahlum III
- Maxwell book cities for upcoming tour.concerttour.org
- Maxwell tour dates for blacksummers'night
- http://www.soulbounce.com.Maxwell announces fall arena tour with Chrisette Michele and Common
- http://www.gigjunkie.net.Maxwell announces European tour
- http://www.singersroom.com.Maxwell confirms official Summers'night tour dates
- www.billboard.com-Maxwell adds new dates for summer tour
- Maxwell's 2009 fall European tour dates add.www.thelatestmaxwellnews.com
- Maxwell live in Atlanta review.by Mark Edward Nero-10/2009
- Live Review: Maxwell BlackSummersNight Tour in London