BMW 7 Series (F01)
|BMW 7-Series (F01/F02/F03/F04)|
Toluca, Mexico (BMW Mexico)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor)
6th of October City, Egypt(BAG)
|Designer||Karim Habib (2005),
Christopher Weil (facelift, 2011)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Full-size luxury car|
|Body style||4-door saloon (SWB and LWB)|
8-speed automatic (760Li and ActiveHybrid7, all other models from 2013-)
|Wheelbase||3,070 mm (120.9 in) (SWB)
3,210 mm (126.4 in) (LWB)
|Length||5,072 mm (199.7 in) (2009-2011 SWB)
5,212 mm (205.2 in) (2009-2011 LWB)
205.3 in (5,215 mm) (2012- LWB)
199.8 in (5,075 mm) (2012- SWB)
|Width||1,902 mm (74.9 in)|
|Height||58.2 in (1,478 mm) (2009–2011)
58.3 in (1,481 mm) (2012- LWB)
58.5 in (1,486 mm) (2012- LWB)
58.4 in (1,483 mm) (ActiveHybrid LWB)
|Curb weight||1,955 kg (4,310.0 lb) (740i)
1,973 kg (4,349.7 lb) (740Li)
2,075 kg (4,574.6 lb) (750i)
2,152 kg (4,744.3 lb) (750i xDrive)
2,114 kg (4,660.6 lb) (750Li)
2,177 kg (4,799.5 lb) (750Li xDrive)
2,274 kg (5,013.3 lb) (760Li)
|Successor||BMW 7 Series (G11) (all-new 35up-modular platform)|
The BMW F01 is the current BMW 7 series that went into production in September 2008. The long-wheelbase model, codenamed BMW F02, is 14 cm (5.5 in) longer than the BMW F01.
- 1 Initial release
- 1.1 BMW Concept 7 Series ActiveHybrid (2008)
- 1.2 760Li High Security and 750Li High Security (F03)
- 1.3 ActiveHybrid 7 (F04)
- 1.4 BMW 730Li (2009-)
- 1.5 HSH Prince Albert II limousine (2011)
- 1.6 BMW ALPINA B7 (2010-)
- 1.7 BMW Alpina B7 xDrive (2010-)
- 1.8 Equipment
- 1.9 Engines
- 1.10 Petrol engines
- 1.11 Diesel engines
- 1.12 Transmissions
- 1.13 Performance
- 1.14 Production
- 1.15 Marketing
- 2 2012 update
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Early models include 740i, 750i, 730d, 740Li, 750Li. US models of 7 Series vehicles went on sale in early 2009.
US models went on sale in early 2009. Early models included 750, 750Li (rated 400 bhp (300 kW) and 450 lb·ft (610 N·m)).
In 2010, the North American lineup was added with the ActiveHybrid7. The ActiveHybrid7 is the first BMW with automatic transmission to feature an Auto Start Stop function avoiding idle speed operation of the engine when at a standstill or in traffic jams.
In the 2011 model year, the Alpina B7 and BMW 740i/Li were added. BMW initially did not have plans to sell the 740i/Li in the United States market; however they responded to requests from their American dealers who were impressed after test driving the Euro-market 7 Series. US models of 740i and 740Li went on sale in April 2010 as 2011 model year vehicle. For the Hong Kong market there is also a special version called the "740Li Vantage", which does not include TFT screens for the back seats, navigation system and comfort seats, and is HK$200,000 lower than the original.
BMW Concept 7 Series ActiveHybrid (2008)
The BMW Concept 7 Series ActiveHybrid is a concept model that uses the engine from 750i, but adds an electric motor rated 20 PS (15 kW; 20 hp) and 210 N·m (150 lb·ft) torque. Electric motor is integrated into the transmission housing replacing alternator and starter. Other features include auto start stop, 8-speed automatic transmission. The hybrid system was based on the 2-mode hybrid from Daimler AG. The regenerative braking unit includes 12V Absorbent Glass Mat batteries, running in parallel to 120V electrical network for electric motor. BMW claims it improved fuel consumption and reduced emissions by 15% over the non-hybrid model, despite weighing 221 pounds (100 kg) more. The car's exterior profile was designed by Karim Habib, Team Leader, Advanced Design for BMW in Munich, Germany.
760Li High Security and 750Li High Security (F03)
BMW has also announced the F03 7 Series as their High Security line, including the 750Li High Security and 760Li High Security. Both of them were certified with BRV 2009 and VR7 ballistics protection. The non-transparent sections have been certified as having VR9 levels of protection. This is the first set of cars to be granted such high levels of security. It included undercarriage armour, 6 cm safety glazing at multi-layer laminated glass
ActiveHybrid 7 (F04)
The production version of the ActiveHybrid 7 has a wheelbase which has been increased by 14 centimetres.
BMW 730Li (2009-)
It is a version of BMW 7 Series long-wheelbase sedan for Asian market. It included a 2,979 cc (2.979 L; 181.8 cu in) I6 engine rated 258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp)@6600 rpm and 310 N·m (230 lb·ft)@2600 rpm, six-speed automatic transmission.
HSH Prince Albert II limousine (2011)
It is a limited (200 units) version of BMW 7 Series limousines supplied by BMW Group for the wedding of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco. It included metallic black body, six-cylinder inline engine.
BMW ALPINA B7 (2010-)
Alpina Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH has produced the ALPINA B7 Bi-Turbo performance variant, also known as the BMW 750i Alpina B7, for the F01/02 7 Series commencing with the 2011 model year. The Alpina B7's engine is assembled by hand at Alpina's facility in Buchloe, Germany, before being shipped to BMW for installation, and the assembled vehicle is then sent back to Alpina for finishing touches.
Alpina's variant of the N63 twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 makes 507 PS (373 kW; 500 hp) / 700 N·m (516 lb·ft), while retaining the same fuel economy as the regular N63. This is the first time that BMW M and Alpina are using the same type of forced-induction for their powerplants; Alpina's engine has less horsepower but more torque than the BMW M5 (F10).
Alpina's modifications to the standard N63 include high-performance pistons and reinforced cylinder heads to withstand the additional stress from a higher compression ratio. A larger intercooler, with a 35-percent increase in surface area, is fitted to lower intake temperatures. An additional radiator lowers coolant temperatures, and external coolers are added for the engine and transmission oil. The electric fan is also upgraded to increase airflow through the new high-performance components. To move more oxygen through the engine, larger and lighter turbochargers (the vanes measure 44 mm in diameter) are fitted to keep the whole package running smoothly and Alpina engine management software increases boost to 14.5 psi (1.0 bar vs. the standard engine's 0.8 bar) and recalibrates both stability- and traction-control with more aggressive settings. The blowers exhale into three air-to-liquid intercoolers, an arrangement that helps maintain maximum airflow even during long lapping sessions at a racetrack. There is also a bigger (2.7-inch) dual exhaust system that vents gasses out the back through the rear apron.
A ZF six-speed automatic sport transmission with heavy-duty gears (taken from ZF's transmissions for trucks) is found in the B7. The B7 also features a choice of regular or long-wheelbase and/or rear-wheel drive or xDrive.
The 2011 Alpina B7 undercuts competitors such as BMW's own 2010 760Li (powered by a 6.0L biturbo V12 engine) and the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG (initially powered by a 6.2L V8 from 2007 to 2010, updated for 2011 with a 5.5L biturbo V8). Although the S63 AMG's new engine is more powerful, the B7 still has better performance overall and is more track-oriented; indeed Autoblog found that the B7 could keep pace with a much smaller BMW M3 E92 Coupe.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2010 Chicago Auto Show, and went on sale in Spring of 2010. Production version went on sale as 2011 model year vehicle, which includes standard- and long-wheelbase editions.
BMW Alpina B7 xDrive (2010-)
The vehicle was announced in 2010 Chicago Auto Show, and unveiled in 2010 New York International Auto Show. Production version went on sale as 2011 model year vehicle, which includes standard- and long-wheelbase editions.
- upgraded Active Roll Stabilization
- Night vision
- Head-Up Display,
- Integral Active Steering (rear-wheel drive)
- xDrive (available for the first time on the 7 Series, for the 750i/Li and Alpina B7 in 2010+, and then the 740i/Li in 2013+)
- Rear view camera,
- Sideview (two cameras in the front bumper that look to the left and right)
- Topview (of the two additional cameras in the exterior mirrors, the side-view cameras, reversing camera and sensors from the PDC to create an overall picture of the vehicle and its environment, and show it from the air) and
- Speed limit display For this, a camera will check street signs with speed limits. These are displayed in the speedometer, as well as head-up display.
Beginning in autumn 2011, M Sport package option is available for BMW ActiveHybrid 7. BMW ConectedDrive is available. BMW Night Vision with pedestrian recognition includes additional visual and audible alerts to warn the driver even more effectively if pedestrians or cyclists are about to move into the car’s path. The new Real-Time Traffic Information function works in conjunction with a navigation system to give the driver extremely precise information on the traffic situation on motorways, country roads and selected city routes. The new Apps function allows reception of Web Radio stations and in-car use of online services Facebook and Twitter.
|730Li||2009-||N52B30||258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp)@6600||310 N·m (230 lb·ft)@2600|
|272 PS (200 kW; 265 hp)@6700||315 N.m (233 lb.ft)@2400|
|740i/Li||2008-2012||N55B30||326 PS (240 kW; 322 hp)@5800||450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1500-4500|
|2012-||320 PS (235 kW; 315 hp)@5800||450 N.m (331 lb.ft)@1200|
|750i/Li||2008-2012||N63B44||407 PS (299 kW; 401 hp)@5500-6400||600 N·m (443 lb·ft)@1750-4500|
|2012-||450 PS (331 kW;445 hp)@5500-6400||650 N.m (479 lb.ft)@1750-4500|
|750i/Li xDrive||2009-2012||N63B44||407 PS (299 kW; 401 hp)@5500-6400||600 N·m (443 lb·ft)@1750-4500|
|2012-||450 PS (331 kW; 445 hp)@5500-6400||650 N.m (479 lb.ft)@1750-4500|
|750Li High Security||2009?-||N63B44||407 PS (299 kW; 401 hp)@5500-6400||600 N·m (443 lb·ft)@1750-4500|
|760i/Li||2009-||N74B60||544 PS (400 kW; 537 hp)@5250||750 N·m (553 lb·ft)@1500-5000|
|760Li High Security||2009?-||N74B60||544 PS (400 kW; 537 hp)@5250||750 N·m (553 lb·ft)@1500|
|2010-||N63B44||445 PS (327 kW; 439 hp)|
|electric motor||20 PS (15 kW; 20 hp)|
|combined||465 PS (342 kW; 459 hp)@5500-6000||700 N·m (516 lb·ft)@2000-4500|
|ALPINA B7||2010-||507 PS (373 kW; 500 hp)@5500||700 N·m (516 lb·ft)@3000-4750|
|ALPINA B7 xDrive||2010-||507 PS (373 kW; 500 hp)@5500||700 N·m (516 lb·ft)@3000-4750|
|N57D30||245 PS (180 kW; 242 hp)@4000
258 PS (190 kW; 252 hp)@4000
|540 N·m (398 lb·ft)@1750-3000
560 N.m (412 lb.ft)@1750-3000
|N57D30||245 PS (180 kW; 242 hp)@4000
258 PS (190 kW; 252 hp)@4000
|540 N·m (398 lb·ft)@1750
560 N.m (412 lb.ft)@1750-3000
|N57D30TOP||306 PS (225 kW; 302 hp)@4400
313 PS (230 kW; 313 hp)@4400
|600 N·m (443 lb·ft) @1500-2500
630 N.m (463 lb.ft) @1500-2500
|740d xDrive||2010—||N57D30TOP||306 PS (225 kW; 302 hp)@4400||600 N·m (443 lb·ft) @1500-2500|
|730Li||6-speed automatic (ZF 6HP26 transmission)
|740i, 740Li||6-speed automatic with Steptronic (ZF 6HP26 transmission)
|750i, 750Li||6-speed automatic with Steptronic (ZF 6HP26 transmission)
|750Li High Security||6-speed automatic|
|750i xDrive, 750Li xDrive||6-speed automatic with Steptronic (ZF 6HP26 transmission)|
|760i, 760Li||8-speed automatic with Steptronic (ZF 8HP transmission)|
|760Li High Security||8-speed automatic|
|ActiveHybrid7, ActiveHybrid7L||8-speed automatic with Steptronic (ZF 8HP transmission)|
|ALPINA B7 xDrive||6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic with Steptronic|
|730d||6-speed automatic with Steptronic
|730Ld||6-speed automatic with Steptronic
|740d||6-speed automatic with Steptronic|
|740d xDrive||8-speed automatic with Steptronic|
The following performance figures are taken from the BMW 7 Series web site under 'Models and technical data.' The top speeds are electronically limited where noted with an asterisk.
|Model||Drive||0–100 km/h acceleration (s)||Top speed|
|730Li||RWD||7.8 (7.2 2012 model)||245 km/h (152 mph)
250 km/h (155 mph) 2012 model
|740i/740Li||RWD, AWD (optional)||5.9/6.0 (5.1 Car&Driver)
5.7 (2012 model)
|250 km/h (155 mph)*|
|750i/750Li||RWD, AWD (optional)||5.2/5.3 (4.7 2012 model)||250 km/h (155 mph)*|
|750Li High Security||RWD?||7.9 (7.3 2012 model)||210 km/h (130 mph)* 220 km/h (136 mph) 2012 model|
|760Li||RWD||4.2||250 km/h (155 mph)*|
|760Li High Security||RWD?||6.2 (5.6 2012 model)||210 km/h (130 mph)* 231 km/h (142 mph) 2012 model|
|ActiveHybrid7/ActiveHybrid7L||RWD||4.9||250 km/h (155 mph)*|
|ALPINA B7||RWD||4.7 (4.1 2012 model)||302 km/h (188 mph) 312 km/h (194 mph) 2012 model|
|ALPINA B7 xDrive||AWD||?||?|
|760Hi/760HLi||RWD||4.6||250 km/h (155 mph)*|
|730d/Ld||RWD||7.2/7.3 (6.7 2012 model)||245 km/h (152 mph) 250 km/h (155 mph) 2012 model|
|740d||RWD, AWD (optional)||6.3 (5.7 2012 model)||250 km/h (155 mph)*|
The N63 twin turbo 4.4L V8 engine of the F01 BMW 750i/Li matches the performance of the previous-generation E65 760i/Li, powered by the naturally aspirated N73 6.0L V12 engine, while also having similar torque to the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG, equipped with a naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 engine.
The V12 engine for the F01 760i/Li was redesigned as a twin turbo 6.0L (BMW N74) in order to maintain its status as the flagship of the range. The 2010 BMW 760Li is priced similarly and has matching performance with the 2010 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG, however the 760Li is positioned more as a cruising limo while the S63 is a hardcore sports sedan. The BMW 760Li is also less expensive and faster than the 2010 Mercedes-Benz S600 (equipped with a 5.5L biturbo V12 engine). Unlike previous generations of the 7 Series, the V12 engine is now only available in the long-wheelbase model.
The N54 twin turbo inline-6 engine of the 740i, despite being down 85 hp (63 kW) and 120 lb·ft (160 N·m) to the 750i’s twin-turbo V-8, weighs about 100 pounds (45 kg) less. In a comparison test, the 740i could make the 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) run in 5.1 seconds compared to the 750i's 5.2, although the 750i catches up at 70 mph (110 km/h). Fuel economy of the 740i is 17 mpg city and 25 highway,[clarification needed] compared with the 750i’s 15/22 and the ActiveHybrid 7's 17/26. Handling for the 740i/Li is improved over the 750i/Li due to a more balanced weight distribution (the 740i has 239 pounds less over the front axel). The BMW 740i is also quicker than some V8 flagship sedans such as the Hyundai Equus and Lexus LS 460 as well as the 2011 BMW 535i (powered by the single twin-scroll turbo N55 engine despite the 535i weighing 300 pounds less), while tying the 2011 Audi A8 4.2 FSI quattro.
BMW 740i and 740Li made up 10% of overall 7 Series sales in the U.S. (which is expected to rise up to fifteen percent in the upcoming years), while the 760Li had 2%. 70% of the 7 Series cars sold are the "L" long-wheelbase models. 
In the project "Mataró Chauffeur Service", BMW provides 7 Series vehicles for the taxi firm arranged by Spanish artist Martí Anson.
7 Series vehicles were used in the official opening of the historical stage of the State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Russia.
12 black 7 Series limousines (from Freys Hyrverk) were used in 2011 Nobel Prize ceremony.
- New full-LED headlamps, a prominent BMW kidney grille and a modified front apron
- New to the cockpit are the multifunctional instrument display allowing the driver to select a variety of information and the central Control Display with 3D graphics.
- New Rear Seat Entertainment package.
- New and upgraded engine variants.
- Eight-speed automatic transmission is fitted as standard.
- Advanced features such as coasting mode, proactive hybrid technology and the Driving Experience Control switch with ECO PRO mode.
- Optimised chassis – with standard self-levelling air suspension at the rear axle – gives long-distance comfort a noticeable boost.
- New ConnectedDrive highlights: latest-generation Professional navigation system, BMW Night Vision + Dynamic Light Spot, Selective Beam anti-dazzle High-Beam Assistant (LED-only), BMW Parking Assistant. Active Protection detects imminent accidents, then prepares by automatically pretensioning safety belts, closing windows and moonroof, and activating post-crash braking ; includes Attention Assistant feature. Active Driving Assistant Plus includes Lane Departure Warning, Front Collision Warning, Pedestrian Protection and City Collision Mitigation.
The 750i and B7 received upgraded versions of the N63 engine that add Valvetronic, while the 740i replaces its twin-turbo N54 with the N55 twin-scroll (single) turbo with Valvetronic. The ActiveHybrid 7 replaces its N63 V8 with the N55 inline-6. While the N54-powered 740i was only available in rear-wheel drive, the 2013 740Li with the N55 engine has optional xDrive.
US models went on sale in late summer 2012 as 2013 model year vehicles. Early models include 740i, 740Li, 740Li xDrive, 750i, 750i xDrive, 760 Li, ALPINA B7, ALPINA B7 LWB, ALPINA B7 SWB with xDrive, ALPINA B7 LWB with xDrive. ActiveHybrid 7 L arrived in early fall 2012.
BMW ALPINA B7 Bi-Turbo (2012-)
It is a performance version of 2013 BMW 7 Series Sedans. It included new BMW kidney grilles, updated Xenon Adaptive headlights, LED front fog lights, and updated tail lights, 21" ALPINA Classic 20-spoke wheels, stunning ALPINA Blue Metallic body colour, increased top speed to 312 km/h (194 mph) (310 km/h (193 mph) on xDrive models).
The vehicle was unveiled in Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in August 2012 and went on-sale immediately thereafter. Early models include B7 Standard Wheelbase, B7 SWB with xDrive, B7 Long Wheelbase, B7 LWB with xDrive.
Canada models include only xDrive vehicles.
BMW 7 Series High Security (2012-)
It is an armoured version of BMW 7 Series with VR7 and VR9 resistance class.
The vehicle was unveiled in GPEC 2012.
V-12 25th Anniversary Edition (2012)
It is a limited (15 units) version of 2013 BMW 760Li for the US market, commemorating 25th anniversary of BMW V-12 engines. It included:
- BMW Individual Champagne Full Merino Leather upholstery with black piping
- black floor mats and rear footrests with contrasting piping in Champagne
- door sills, headrests and iDrive controllers badged with "V-12 25 Years Edition"
- Rear Seat Entertainment with iDrive control
- 20-inch Individual wheel style 301 with performance tires
- Alcantara headliner in champagne (sides of headliner in black)
- A/B/C pillars in black leather
- Rear parcel shelf in Anthracite Alcantara
- BMW Individual Piano Black Wood trim
- Piano black wood inlay in steering wheel
- Shadowline exterior trim
|Model||Years||Engine Type/code||Power, torque@rpm|
|730i/Li||2012-||2,996 cc (2.996 L; 182.8 cu in) I6 (N52B30)||258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp) @6600, 310 N·m (230 lb·ft)@2600-3000|
|740i/Li||2012-||2,979 cc (2.979 L; 181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30)||320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@5800, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1300-4500|
|740Li xDrive||2012-||2,979 cc (2.979 L; 181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30)||320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@5800, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1300-4500|
|750i||2012-||4,395 cc (4.395 L; 268.2 cu in) V8 twin scroll twin turbo (N63B44Tu)||449 PS (330 kW; 443 hp)@5500, 650 N·m (479 lb·ft)@2000-4500|
|750Li||2012-||4,395 cc (4.395 L; 268.2 cu in) V8 twin scroll twin turbo (N63B44Tu)||450 PS (331 kW; 444 hp)@5500, 650 N·m (479 lb·ft)@2000-4500|
|750i/Li xDrive||2012-||4,395 cc (4.395 L; 268.2 cu in) V8 twin scroll twin turbo (N63B44Tu)||449 PS (330 kW; 443 hp)@5500, 650 N·m (479 lb·ft)@2000-4500|
|760i/Li||2012-||5,972 cc (5.972 L; 364.4 cu in) V12 twin turbo (N74B60)||544 PS (400 kW; 537 hp)@5250, 750 N·m (553 lb·ft)@1500-5000|
|ActiveHybrid 7, ActiveHybrid 7 L||2012-||2,979 cc (2.979 L; 181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30)||320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@5800, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1300-4500|
|electric motor||55 PS (40 kW; 54 hp)@?, 210 N·m (155 lb·ft)@?|
|combined||354 PS (260 kW; 349 hp)@5800-6000, 500 N·m (369 lb·ft)@1300-4500|
|ALPINA B7 Bi-Turbo||2012-||4,395 cc (4.395 L; 268.2 cu in) V8 twin scroll twin turbo (N63B44Tu?)||540 PS (397 kW; 533 hp)@5200-6250, 730 N·m (538 lb·ft)@2800-5000|
|ALPINA B7 Bi-Turbo xDrive||2012-||4,395 cc (4.395 L; 268.2 cu in) V8 twin scroll twin turbo (N63B44Tu?)||540 PS (397 kW; 533 hp)@5200-6250, 730 N·m (538 lb·ft)@2800-5000|
|Model||Years||Engine Type/code||Power, torque@rpm|
|730d/Ld||2012-||2,993 cc (2.993 L; 182.6 cu in) I6 turbo (N57D30)||258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp)@4000, 560 N·m (413 lb·ft)@1500|
|730d xDrive||2012-||2,993 cc (2.993 L; 182.6 cu in) I6 turbo (N57D30)||258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp)@4000, 560 N·m (413 lb·ft)@1500|
|740d||2012-||2,993 cc (2.993 L; 182.6 cu in) I6 twin turbo (N57D30TOP)||313 PS (230 kW; 309 hp)@4300, 630 N·m (465 lb·ft)@1500|
|740d xDrive||2012-||2,993 cc (2.993 L; 182.6 cu in) I6 twin turbo (N57D30TOP)||313 PS (230 kW; 309 hp)@4300, 630 N·m (465 lb·ft)@1500|
|750d/Ld xDrive||2012-||2,993 cc (2.993 L; 182.6 cu in) I6 triple turbo (N57D30TOP)||381 PS (280 kW; 376 hp)@4400, 740 N·m (546 lb·ft)@2000|
BMW ALPINA B7 Bi-Turbo is sold as BMW ALPINA B7 in US/Canada.
BluePerformance emission control option is included with 750d xDrive, 750 Ld xDrive; and as option in 730d.
Beginning in spring 2013, BMW 760i and BMW 760Li becomes EU6-emission compliant.
All models from 2009 through 2012 include 6-speed automatic transmission with Steptronic function. 2013 and 2014, 8-speed automatic transmission with Steptronic function.
As of 10-9-12, all 15 of the "V-12 25 Years Edition" 760Li Sedans were sold out.
- [dead link]
- "Vehicle manufacturer profiles". Automotive World. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- "BMW X5 Security: Your body-guard Made-In-Mexico". Autoarabia.org. Archived from the original on 25 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Vehicle manufacturer profiles". Automotive World. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Bavarian Auto Group". Bag-eg.com. 2010-04-09. Archived from the original on 22 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Paul Tan (June 25, 2009). "F01/F02 BMW 7-Series gets updated with new 740d, xDrive and M-Sport kit!". Paul Tan's Automotive News. Retrieved June 25, 2009.
- Paul Tan (April 10, 2009). "BMW 760i and 760Li: flagship V12 power!". Paul Tan's Automotive News. Retrieved June 25, 2009.
- May 2012 BY JUSTIN BERKOWITZ. "2013 BMW 7-series Official Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver". Caranddriver.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Lienert, Paul (2012-06-15). "2013 BMW Alpina B7 Prices Jump $5,000". Insideline.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/08/04/bmw-will-launch-new-rear-wheel-drive-platform-called-35up/ BMW will launch a new rear-wheel drive platform called “35up”
- Back to post (2008-07-14). "BMW 7 Series gets ballsy unveiling in Russia". Autoblog. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "BMW presents new BMW 7 Series in a fascinating installation on Red Square in Moscow". BMW Group. 2008-07-09.
- Korzeniewski, Jeremy (2008-11-19). "LA 2008: Twin-turbo V8 slated for BMW 7 Series". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "The new BMW 7 Series". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "New Diversity in the Luxury Class: the BMW 7 Series in the 2010 Model Year". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- Sam Abuelsamid RSS feed. "BMW adds upgraded diesels to 7-series, 730d rated at 34.6 mpg (U.S.)". Green.autoblog.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "BMW xDrive on All Engine Variants of the BMW 5 Series Gran Turismo and the BMW 740d". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "A new diversity of efficient driving pleasure: The BMW model range from the autumn of 2010". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "BMW 740Li Vantage / X5 xDrive 30i Special Edition 特別吸引" (in Chinese). mingpao.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- 寄給朋友 (2011-06-05). "BMW 740Li Vantage 入門新版抵價登場". Web.archive.org. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- Kable, Greg (November 16, 2009). "A First for BMW". AutoWeek (Detroit, Michigan: Crain Communications Inc.) 59 (23): 25. ISSN 0192-9674.
- "BMW to premiere 7 Series ActiveHybrid at Toronto Auto Show". Autonorth.ca. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- Abuelsamid, Sam (2008-09-23). "Paris Preview: BMW releases more details on 7-series active hybrid". Autobloggreen.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- . It is currently being used by the Indian Prime Minister's cavalcade."BMW 7 Series High Security – a new definition of security". Carthusiast.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "A new definition of maximum security:The new BMW 7 Series High Security". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- The new BMW 7 Series High Security
- 2010 BMW 7-Series High Security
- "BMW ActiveHybrid 7". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- 15 September 2009 (2009-09-15). "www.autocar.co.uk". www.autocar.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "BMW at the Monaco Yacht Show 2010: Setting the course for Luxury and Style". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- The 2010 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 – American Market Version
- oneshift.com (2010-01-12). "Entree Level". Oneshift.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "BMW 730Li: Punching above its weight". Asiaone.com. 2009-12-07. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "200 BMW 7 Series limousines for the wedding of HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "200 BMW 7 Series Limousines for Prince Albert II of Monaco's wedding". Auto123.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- Elsinore, Bradford (2010-05-20). "2011 BMW 750Li Alpina B7 First Drive". Insideline.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "2011 BMW ALPINA B7 Reviews, Expert Car Reviews on AOL Autos". Autos.aol.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Noah Joseph RSS feed. "Geneva 2009: An M7 by any other name - 2009 BMW Alpina B7 Bi-Turbo". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "BMW Alpina B5 (2011) CAR review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online". Carmagazine.co.uk. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Michael Harley RSS feed. "Review: 2011 BMW Alpina B7". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Frank Filipponio RSS feed. "Chicago 2010: BMW ends three year Alpina B7 drought for 2011". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- Steven J. Ewing RSS feed. "All-wheel-drive BMW Alpina B7 xDrive slated for New York debut". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "2013 BMW 750i David Booth | Driving | National Post". Life.nationalpost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- "The BMW model range from autumn 2011". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "Specifications BMW 7 Series". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2009-07-30. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "Specifications BMW 7 Series". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- Paul Tan (May 3, 2008). "ZF Unveils New 8-Speed Automatic Gearbox". Paul Tan's Automotive News. Retrieved July 5, 2008.
- "ZF in the BMW 7 Series: Adaptive Damping Control for Cars". Zf.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "BMW 7 Series Sedan: Overview". BMW web site. Archived from the original on 13 December 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2009.
- "BMW 740i Test". Car&Driver. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "2009 BMW 750i Test Drive on". Edmunds.com. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "2010 BMW 760i / 760Li - First Drive Review - Auto Reviews". Car and Driver. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "View source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "BMW 760Li, Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG, Porsche Panamera Turbo - Luxury Sport Sedan Comparison - Automobile Magazine". Automobilemag.com. 2010-12-13. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "BMW 760Li vs Mercedes S63 AMG - Top Gear - BBC". YouTube. 2010-04-16. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "BMW 7-series Review: 2011 BMW 740i Test – Car and Driver". Caranddriver.com. Archived from the original on 28 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Entry-Level Fullsize Luxury Sedan Comparison". Motor Trend. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Riches, Erin (2011-02-23). "2011 BMW 740i Full Test". Insideline.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Entry-Level Fullsize Luxury Sedan Comparison". Motor Trend. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- You must be logged in to post (2010-05-20). "2011 BMW 740Li - BMW Luxury Sedan Review - Automobile Magazine". Automobilemag.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Artist Martí Anson and Latitudes at Tate Modern, London. BMW provides 7 Series for the artist’s project "Mataró Chauffeur Service"
- BMW is the official partner in reopening the historical stage of the Bolshoi Theatre. Gala evening after six years of reconstruction / Longterm cooperation with the BMW Group.
- The new BMW 7 Series.
- May 2012 BY JUSTIN BERKOWITZ. "2013 BMW 7-series Official Photos and Info – News – Car and Driver". Caranddriver.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Lienert, Paul (2012-06-15). "2013 BMW Alpina B7 Prices Jump $5,000". Insideline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Ireson, Nelson (2012-05-24). "2013 BMW 7-Series Preview". Motorauthority.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- BMW outlines plans at Pebble, teases new Zagato concept
- BMW at the Monaco Yacht Show 2012
- BMW announces pricing for updated 2013 7 Series
- New 2013 BMW 7 Series Once Again Raises The Bar - BMW Flagship sets new standards for performance, luxury, efficiency and safety
- BMW reveals Alpina B7 upgrades for 2013
- Preview: 2013 Alpina B7 offers outrageous performance
- BMW at the GPEC 2012: The latest models for police operations.
- Special edition 760Li celebrates 25 years of BMW 12-cylinder car engines
- 2013 BMW 760Li: V-12 25 Years Anniversary Edition
- 2013 BMW 760Li: V-12 25 Years Anniversary Edition - Special Limited Edition Flagship Honors 25 Years of V-12 Tradition
- Specifications of the new BMW 7 Series, 07/2012.
- BMW model update measures for spring 2013.
- 2013 BMW 760Li: V-12 25 Years Anniversary Edition Sells Out
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BMW F01.|
|« previous — BMW road car timeline, 1980s–present|
|Compact||1 Series||E82/ E88|
|E81 / E87||F20 / F21|
|Compact executive||3 Series||E21||E30||E36||E46||E90 / E91 / E92 / E93||F30|
|4 Series||F32 / F33 / F36|
|Executive||5 Series||E12||E28||E34||E39||E60 / E61||F10 / F11|
|Luxury||6 Series||E24||E63 / E64||F06 / F12 / F13|
|7 Series||E23||E32||E38||E65 / E66 / E67 / E68||F01 / F02 / F03 / F04|
|Roadster||Z Series||E30 (Z1)||E36/7 & E36/8 (Z3)||E85 / E86 (Z4)||E89 (Z4)|
|M||1 Series M||E82 M|
|M3||E30 M3||E36 M3||E46 M3||E90/92/93 M3||F80 M3|
|M5||E28 M5||E34 M5||E39 M5||E60/61 M5||F10 M5|
|M6||E24 M635CSi/M6||E63/64 M6||F06/F12/13 M6|
|M Roadster||E36/7 (Z3) M||E85 (Z4) M|
|M Coupé||E36/8 M Coupé||E86 M Coupé|
|Sports car||E26 (M1)||E52 (Z8)|
|X6||E71 / E72|