|Type||Unified Modeling Language|
|License||Proprietary starting from v5.0|
BOUML is a UML diagram designer. Programmed in C++ and Qt, it is multilingual, and supports code generation and code reverse engineering. The releases prior to version 4.23 are free software licensed under GPL. BOUML 5 and later is proprietary software.
- Allows users to draw diagrams following the UML 2.0 standard.
- Compatible with languages: C++, Java, Php, Python, IDL and MySQL.
- Performs diagram reverse and forward engineering for multiple languages.
- It is cross-platform, running under Linux/Unix/Solaris, Mac OS X and Windows thanks to Qt.
- It is very fast compared to other UML modelers.
- XMI support.
Code Generation and Reverse Engineering 
BOUML can automatically generate code from the UML Class Diagrams and rebuild them from existing source code using the following languages: C++, Java, PHP, MYSQL. It can also generate code for Python and IDL, but not extract the UML model for these languages.
The version 4.23 named "ultimate" was distributed in November 2010, after which it was announced that no more updates would be released. However, several patches were released after the announcement, the last being BOUML 4.23 ultimate patch 7 in October 2011.
In August 2012, version 6 was released as the first version managing MySQL. Being backwards compatible in that version 6 can read project files saved by the old versions.
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: BOUML|