BPP Law School
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2013)|
|BPP Law School|
|Motto||Your Ambition Realised|
|Parent school||BPP University|
|Location||Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds, Liverpool, London (Holborn and Waterloo) and Manchester, United Kingdom|
BPP Law School is a United Kingdom-based provider of professional and academic legal education and is one of the largest in the country (approximately one third of all entrants to the English legal profession are educated by BPP Law School), with 8 branches in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds, Liverpool, London (Holborn and Waterloo) and Manchester.
In 1992 BPP Law School was established to offer students wanting to qualify as Solicitors or Barristers in England and Wales. In 2005 BPP Law School became founding School of BPP College, now known as BPP University, with the establishment of BPP Business School. BPP Law School has its own degree awarding power, awarded by the Privy Council in 2010.
BPP Law School has strong ties to a wide consortium of "Magic Circle" and "Silver Circle" law firms to educate their future trainees. There are over 30 of the leading law firms in the United Kingdom send their trainees to BPP Law School for their legal education. BPP Law School is a vocational provider of the Legal Practice Course (LPC) for future Solicitors - from September 2013 in addition to the standard LPC, BPP Law School students can study Master of Arts (LPC with Business) degree making it the only LPC that integrates business into the programme, giving students a Master's degree in both law and business. BPP Law School also offers the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) (formerly known as the Bar Vocational Course, or the BVC) for future Barristers. It also awards Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) (for those coming directly from a non-LL.B. qualification), Graduate LL.B. (GDL Conversion) and Master of Laws (LL.M.) degrees. In 2009 BPP Law School provided its first programmes in Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degrees, whose students qualify for loans by way of the student loans company.
BPP Pro Bono Centre is a crucial component of BPP Law School and the Centre operates a wide variety of pro bono projects, delivered by BPP Law School students with guidance from qualified lawyers, around the United Kingdom. BPP Pro Bono Centre is an award-winning Centre and its projects have also won several awards.
- LLB (Hons)
- LLB (Hons) Business Law
- LLB (Hons) Law with Psychology
- Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)
- Legal Practice Course (LPC)
- LLB (Hons) [GDL Conversion]
- LLM (Chinese Business and Investment Law)
- LLM (Commercial Law)
- LLM (Comparative Commercial Law)
- LLM (Financial Regulation and Compliance)
- LLM (International Business Law)
- LLM (International Comparative Tax Law)
- LLM (Islamic Finance and Business Law)
- LLM (Professional Legal Practice)
- LLM (Trans-national Criminal Justice)
- MA (LPC with Business)
Pathway programmes are non-degree programmes.
- Foundation Certificate in Legal Studies
- International Foundation Certificate in Legal Studies
- International Pre-Masters Diploma in Legal Studies
- Pathway to Higher Education Certificate in Legal Studies
- Pre-Masters Diploma in Legal Studies
- Peter Crisp, Dean and CEO of BPP Law School
- About BPP University
- Does BPP have degree awarding powers?
- About BPP Law School
- BPP Pro Bono Centre
- BPP Pro Bono Centre
- BPP Law School undergraduate programme list
- BPP Law School postgraduate programme list
- BPP Law School foundation programme list
- BPP Law School pre-masters programme list