BRFM 95.6 FM
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2012)|
This station is about the community radio serving Sheppey in Kent. For the station serving Blaenau Gwent, see BRfm.
|Broadcast area||Isle of Sheppey|
|First air date||30 October 2006|
95.6 BRFM is a community radio station serving the Isle of Sheppey in Kent which launched on 30 October 2006.Its founder was Danny Lawrence BEM who was made a British Empire Medalist in 2014 for his work in Community radio, He started at BRFM
The station broadcasts 24 hours a day on 95.6 FM. As there is no existing local commercial station for the Isle of Sheppey, BRFM is allowed to broadcast local commercials and on-air sponsorships.
BRFM began broadcasting in 2004 as an online station serving Sheppey. After many Restricted Service Licences and trials, the station was granted a community licence by OFCOM in 2006, and began broadcasting later that year.
The licence was extended in 2011 by another five years.
95.6 BRFM Broadcasts from Studios at a location in Minster called "Windy Ridge" which is located on a cliff top in Oak Lane. The Transmitter is also located on the site.
- Matthew Judd (Judders) (Audio Control/Health & Safety Coordinator)
- Mark Peters
- Les Schneider
- Daniel Nash (Community Liaison Coordinator)
- Trevor Fox (Programme Coordinator)
- Doug Paterson
- Steve Watt (Library Coordinator)
- Bex Paterson
- Cliff James
- Ellis Stepheson
- Jason Winch
- Dave Norris
- Richard Bartlett
- Kitty Foster
- Simon Chittenden
- Chloe Allsworth
- Jade Clare
- Alan Hare
- Paul Gambell
- Nathan Silveston (Technical Coordinator)
- Dave Adams
- Mike Brown
- Lin Hopkins (Sales & Promotions Coordinator)
- Karen Day (Station Manager)
- Nick Murray (Managing Director)
- Lin Murray (Managing Director)
- Jim Allsworth (Managing Director)
- Keith Baldock (Managing Director)