BRM Aero Bristell
|National origin||Czech Republic|
|Number built||42 (September 2011)|
US$125,000 (base price, 2011)
The BRM Aero Bristell is a Czech low-wing, two-seat in side-by-side configuration, single engine in tractor configuration, ultralight and light-sport aircraft that was designed by Milan Bristela and is produced by BRM Aero. The aircraft is supplied as a complete ready-to-fly aircraft.
Design and development
The aircraft is made from aluminium and features a 130 cm (51 in) wide cabin at the shoulder, with a bubble canopy over the cockpit. The wings feature flaps. The standard engine is a 60 kW (80 hp) Rotax 912UL, with the 75 kW (101 hp) Rotax 912ULS, the 71 kW (95 hp) ULPower UL260i/iS and the 88 kW (118 hp) ULPower UL350iS powerplants optional. The 115 hp (86 kW) Rotax 914, 85 hp (63 kW) Jabiru 2200 and 120 hp (89 kW) Jabiru 3300 are also available. Other engines are planned, particularly for the United States market. The aircraft has a notably high useful load of 279 kg (615 lb). The landing gear is of tricycle configuration.
- Bristell UL
- Base ultralight model with an 8.13 m (26.7 ft) wingspan and a gross weight of 472.5 kg (1,042 lb).
- Bristell HD
- Heavy duty model with an 8.13 m (26.7 ft) wingspan, heavier duty wing spars and a gross weight of 600 kg (1,323 lb).
- Bristell LSA
- Model for the US light-sport aircraft category with an 9.13 m (30.0 ft) wingspan and a gross weight of 600 kg (1,323 lb).
- Bristell RG
- Rectractable gear model with an 9.13 m (30.0 ft) wingspan and a gross weight of 600 kg (1,323 lb).
Specifications (Bristell UL)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 6.45 m (21 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 8.13 m (26 ft 8 in)
- Height: 2.28 m (7 ft 6 in)
- Wing area: 10.5 m2 (113 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 290 kg (639 lb)
- Gross weight: 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 130 litres (29 imp gal; 34 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS , 75 kW (100 hp)
- Cruising speed: 214 km/h (133 mph; 116 kn)
- Stall speed: 52 km/h (32 mph; 28 kn) flaps down
- Never exceed speed: 270 km/h (168 mph; 146 kn)
- g limits: +4/-2
- Wing loading: 45 kg/m2 (9.2 lb/sq ft)
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- PiperSport - another aircraft from the same designer
- Evektor SportStar - another aircraft from the same designer
- Grady, Mary (September 2011). "A New LSA: Bristell From Liberty Sport Aviation". AVweb. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- BRM Aero (2011). "Aeroplanes". Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 34. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BRM Aero Bristell.|