||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
December 0, 1975 |
|Alma mater||Anahuac University|
Gerardo Broissin was born in Mexico City in 1975. He became an internationally recognized architect in 2007 when the Architectural Record New York Magazine awarded him with the Design Vanguard Prize as One of the 10 Most Vanguard Architects in the world. Actually he leads the BROISSINarchitects workshop office in Mexico City, which he founded in 2007.
He graduated in 2000 with honors from the Anáhuac University Architecture School after being an exchange student in the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) in Los Angeles, California. He studied with Agustín Hernández for two years and in his beginnings worked together with Fernando Romero, later worked in a few projects with the Spanish Federico Soriano. Since 2007 he has been a professor at the [Anáhuac University Architecture School].
His work has been extensively published and well received in the five continents; it is characterized for the development and contribution of innovative proposals in the solution of every project, comprising an extensive range of forms, textures and ideologies
- Shelter 02
- Estadio Lic. Eduardo Vasconselos
- Centro Cultural Vladimir Kaspe
- Sala de Conciertos Roberto Cantoral
- Anahuac Leadership Medal, Mexico 2011
- First Place, National Interior Award. Sustainability, Shelter 02. Mexico 2010
- Golden Medal, Excellence Award, IV International Interior, Design and Landscape Biennale, International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers 2008
- Design Vanguard Award, 10 most promising world architects, 2007 Architectural Record, New York, USA.
- Best timber use Award, American Hardwood Export Council Latin America 2006,
- Work and Experience, Conde Nast Mexico, 2005
- First Place, Design´s Icon Award, Architectural Digest, Mexico 2006
- Finalist, Design´s Icon Award, Architectural Digest, México 2005.
- First Place, VK40 Competition, now Vladimir Kaspé Cultural Center, La Salle University, México, 2005
- First Place, National Interior Award. Commercial,
- Jury Selection, International architecture competition, Egypt Government, GEM-The Grand Egiptian Museum. Giza, Egypt 2003