|Developer(s)||Federal Statistical Office of Germany|
|Stable release||1.1 / February 2006|
|Operating system||Windows NT 4.0 / Windows 98 and higher|
|Available in||English, German|
|Type||Statistics / Statistical software / Time series analysis / Seasonal adjustment / Decomposing of time series|
The application software BV4.1 is a tool for decomposing and seasonally adjusting monthly or quarterly economic time series by version 4.1 of the so-called Berlin procedure. It is being developed by the Federal Statistical Office of Germany. The software is released as freeware for non-commercial purposes.
The essential features of the BV4.1 software are:
- System requirements: Windows PC (Windows NT 4.0/Windows 98+).
- Support of the file formats Excel, ACCESS, SQL Server and CSV.
- User-friendly graphical user interface.
- Analyses of monthly and quarterly time series.
- Possibility of mass production of time series decompositions and seasonal adjustments.
- Various possibilities of graphic evaluations of analysis results.
- Possibility to execute so-called successive analyses, i.e. analyses where the analysis spans are extended gradually by one additional period. This option is useful for examining such revisions of analysis results originating from the BV4.1 procedure itself.
Alternative methods that are recommended by Eurostat and used by most statistical offices around the world:
Both are implemented in the software JDemetra+