|Public (SEHK: 0285)|
|Industry||handset components and assembly|
|Headquarters||Shenzhen, Guangdong, People's Republic of China|
|People's Republic of China|
|Chairman: Mr. Wang Chuanfu|
|Parent||BYD Company Limited|
|Website||BYD Electronic (International) Company Limited|
BYD Electronic (International) Company Limited (Chinese: 比亞迪電子(國際)有限公司) is a public company manufacturing handset components and assembling mobile phones for its customers, which have included Nokia and Motorola. A Chinese OEM/ODM, the company is a spin-off of BYD Co Ltd initially being a subsidiary of that company.
The company makes mobile phone components but may not produce finished units.
BYD Electronic has production bases both inside and outside of China. There are three overseas factories: one in Cluj, Romania; a Komárom, Hungary, production base that was acquired through the February 2008 purchase of Mirae Hungary Industrial Manufacturer Ltd; and a Chennai, India, base, which was also completed in 2008. In addition, BYD Electronic has production bases in Huizhou, Tianjin, and at Baolong Industrial Park, Longgang District, Shenzhen.
- BYD Electronic (International) Co Ltd 2007 Annual Report
- Warren Buffett looks to electric car in BYD stake marketwatch.com Oct 9, 2008, 5:45 p.m. EST
- Marc Gunther (13 April 2009). "Why Warren Buffett is investing in electric car company BYD". Fortune. Archived from the original on 27 April 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2009.
- BYD Co Ltd 2008 Annual Report
- About Us BYD Electronic Official Site
- Company Profile BYD Auto Official Site
- BYD ELECTRONIC BYD ELECTRONIC IINTERIM REPORT 2008 (2008-09-25)