|Body and chassis|
|Class||plug-in hybrid sedan|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
Honda Accord
|Wheelbase||2,740 mm (107.9 in)|
|Length||4,846 mm (190.8 in)|
|Width||1,822 mm (71.7 in)|
|Height||1,465 mm (57.7 in)|
The BYD F6DM was a planned plug-in hybrid mid-size sedan. A planned fully electric version was called F6e. The manufacturer, Chinese automaker BYD Auto, is owned by BYD Company Limited, China's largest mobile phone battery maker. The car remained a prototype, with BYD currently focusing their efforts on the BYD Qin after having developed the smaller F3DM, the all-electric e6, and the hybrid SUV S8DM.
Based on the BYD F6, the F6DM uses lithium iron phosphate battery, a type of li-ion battery under trade name "Ferrous", that can be recharged to 70 percent of capacity in 10 minutes. Iron-Phosphate Lithium-Ion batteries are claimed to be much safer than Cobalt-Oxide Lithium-Ion batteries, which have a history of causing fires in consumer electronic devices.
BYD claims that a test model can travel 100 kilometres (62 mi) on electric power before the gasoline engine will be needed, and that the battery can be fully recharged from an outlet in nine hours.
- "BYD Auto at 2011 Geneva International Motor Show". BYD Auto. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- "China’s BYD Unveils Second Plug-in Hybrid Model at Geneva Motor Show; Plans to Begin Sales in Europe in 2-3 Years". Green Car Congress. 2008-03-05. Archived from the original on 30 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- Detroit 2008: BYD targets the hybrid market (video) - Automotive news and opinions - Auto123.com - Canadian automotive network
- Edmunds (15 October 2007) "Detroit Show Preview: BYD's New Plug-in Hybrid on Sale Next Year" Edmunds Inside Line'.' Retrieved 26 October 2007.
- "Plug-In Hybrid Goes On Sale, In China Only". Hybrid Cars. 2008-11-03. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- Česky. "Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". En.wikipedia.org. doi:10.1126/science.192.4244.1126. Archived from the original on 25 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- BusinessWeek, January 21, 2008
- [dead link]
- Balfour, Frederik (2008-09-29). "Buffett Backs China Green-Auto Venture". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BYD F6DM.|
- BYD website - Dual Mode (DM) Electric Vehicles -
- BYD F6 Sedan Review - FutureCars.com
- Detroit Auto Show: Build Your Dreams - jalopnik.com