|Traded as||NASDAQ: BCOM
|Headquarters||Ramat Gan, Israel|
|Key people||Shaul Elovitch (Chairman)
Doron Turgeman (CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 2.444 billion (2010)|
|Operating income||US$ 347 million (2010)|
|Net income||US$ 91 million (2010)|
|Parent||Internet Gold Golden Lines|
|Footnotes / references
B Communications is a publicly traded holding company, headquartered in Israel, whose sole asset is a controlling interest in Israeli telecommunications provider Bezeq. Its shares are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market and on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
B Communications functions as a holding company of Bezeq The Israeli Telecommunication Corp Ltd. It is a subsidiary of Internet Gold, namely Internet Gold Golden Lines, itself a subsidiary of Eurocom Communications Ltd., owned by Shaul Elovitch.
In January 2010, as part of the deal to transfer the controlling interest in Bezeq from the Apax-Saban-Arkin group to Eurocom, 012.Smile Communications Ltd. sold its telecom business assets to Ampal-American Israel Corporation. Ampal renamed its newly acquired business 012 Smile Telecom, and 012.Smile Communications Ltd. was renamed B Communications. On 14 April 2010 B Communications completed the acquisition of 30.44% of Bezeq's shares for NIS 6.5 billion.
- "BCOM Income Statement". Yahoo! Finance. 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Wrobel, Sharon (12 February 2010). "012.Smile closes Bezeq deal". Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "012 Smile signs financing deal for Bezeq purchase". Ynetnews. Reuters. 13 February 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Ness, Gilad (16 March 2010). "עכשיו זה רשמי: סמייל 012 הפכה ל'B קומוניקיישנס'" [Now it is official: Smile 012 has become 'B Communications']. Calcalist (in Hebrew). Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Gruntman, Yael (16 March 2010). "Elovitch renames Smile as B Communications". Globes. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "012 Smile.Communications renames as B Communications". Telecompaper. 17 March 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "012 Smile.Communications Ltd. Has Completed the Sale of Its Telecom Business Assets to Ampal-American Israel Corporation". Reuters (Petach Tikva, Israel). Business Wire. 1 Feb 2010. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Ness, Gilad (31 August 2010). בי קומיוניקיישנס תגייס 400 מיליון שקל בהנפקת אג"ח. Calcalist (in Hebrew). Retrieved 17 November 2011. "באפריל השנה רכשה בי קומיוניקיישנס כ-30.44% ממניות בזק מקבוצת סבן-אייפקס-ארקין שהחזיקה בגרעין השליטה בבזק."
- "B Communications Ltd. Announces the Retirement of Its Chief Executive Officer, Eli Holtzman, and the Election of Doron Turgeman as Its New Chief Executive Officer". Business Wire (Ramat Gan, Israel). 3 October 2011. Retrieved 17 November 2011.