||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|Director of Nepko Publishing|
|Born||1954 (age 60–61)
Tsetserleg, Arkhangai, Mongolia
|Political party||Mongolian Social Democratic Party|
Baabar (shortened name) (Mongolian: Баабар, birth name Bat-Erdeniin Batbayar, Бат-Эрдэнийн Батбаяр; born in Tsetserleg, Arkhangai in 1954) is a Mongolian retired politician, political analyst and writer.
- 1972 Graduated from a high school in Ulaanbaatar
- 1972-1973 Attended a preparatory course at the Mongolian State University
- 1973-1980 Studied at the Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland until he was transferred to Mongolian State University which he graduated in 1981 majoring in biochemistry.
- 1987-1989 Studied at the Moscow State University, Soviet Union.
- 1990 Scholarship at The Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, United Kingdom.
Baabar worked at the Microbiological Research and Production Center as a Researcher in 1981-1991 until he became the Leader of the Mongolian Social Democratic Party. He resigned as the Leader of the Mongolian Social Democratic Party in 1994.
Baabar was elected to the State Great Hural of Mongolia in 1996. In 1998, he was Minister for Finance.
Since 2006, he has been running Nepko Publishing Company.
In 2009, he was awarded with the State Awards of Mongolia for History of Mongolia.
- Buu Mart. Martval Sonono (Don't Forget. Otherwise, We'll Be Doomed), 1989
- History of Mongolia, 1996
- Altan Gurvalzhin (Golden Triangle)
- Encyclopædia Britannica (Encyclopædia Britannica)
|This Mongolian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|