31 August 1730Gregorian and Bengali calendar of the year 1730
Chakla, near Bira railway station towards Bangaon
|Died||2 June 1890Gregorian and Bengali calendar of the year 1890
(aged 159) (As per people's belief) |
Barodi, Dhaka, Bengal, British India
Lokenath was born on 31 August 1730 (according to Bengali calendar 18th Bhadra, 1137) on the holy day of Krishna Janmashtami to a Brahmin family in Chakla village also known as Chaurashi Chakla in North 24 Parganas. His father was Ramnarayan Ghoshal and his mother was Kamala Devi. Both his parents were devotional.
Baba Lokenath finished his meditations as he had attained Samadhi (highest meditation), and went to eastern part of India, and settled at a small town village called Barodi, near Dhaka in Bangladesh and started living at Dangu Kormokar’s house. Dangu Kormokar's was a poor family, but after Baba Lokenath's stay with them, the family became quite affluent. When Baba Lokenath was new to the village, he was taunted by the villagers; though not long time after they found out his spiritual mastery and became his devotees. From this time on, his name went to many parts of India. His followers believe, at the age of 160, on June 1, 1890 C.E., Baba Lokenath took his mahasamādhi (intentional withdrawal of life).
Baba Lokenath said to his devotees “Whenever you are in danger, whether in war, forest, ocean or jungle, remember Me. I shall save you.”
Temples and ashrams
- Barodi, Narayanganj
- Swamibag, Dhaka
- Anowara Ashram-Sri Sri Baba Lokenath Ashram (Anowara)
- Sree Sree Lokenath Sebashrom- Kakailcheo, Ajmirigonj, Habiganj
- Sree Sree Lokenath Mondir,Hashimpur, Chandanaish, Chittagong.
- Chunati, Lohagora, Chittagong.
- Hathazari, Chittagong.
- Nondonkanon, Chittagong.
- RajaPur Lane, Anderkilla, Chittagong.
- Bongshal Road, Patherghata, Chittagong.
- Askar Dighir Par, Chittagong.
||This section possibly contains original research. (October 2013)|
- Sri Baba Lokenath Mandir - Barasat, towards Barrackpore road
- Sri Sri Baba Lokenath Brahmachari Mahamandal Ashram - (www.loknathyoga.com)
- Kachua Ashram - Near Kakra Mirza Nagar railway station, towards Hasnabad Station
- Chakla Ashram, near Bira railway station towards Bangaon
- Tegharia Mandir, near Rajarhat Expressway
- Jadavpur Naba Baradi Ashram - Sulekha Crossing, Jadavpur
- Poddar Nagar Mandir - Jodhpur Park, South Kolkata
- Lokeshwar Lokenath Mandir, Philips Stoppage, CIT Road
- Sai-Lokenath Milon Mandir -Sai-Lokenath Satsang Society (Regd Trust.) - Kolkata
- A temple in Raiganj (West Dinajpur; West Bengal) near NH 34
- A white-marbled Baban Lokenath temple in the premise of Jogamaya Kali-bari at Jalpaiguri (West Bengal)
- A small temple of Baba Loknath (along with a charitable dispensary) at H-Block, Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi
- In Howrah district, it is called "Badha Ghat"
- A small temple in Serampore (Hooghly)
- A small temple in Bally (Howrah), near Lal baba college(Belur)
- A small temple in Sri Sri Baba Lokenath Dham Subhash pally, Siliguri (West Bengal)
- Garia Ashram - neighbourhood in south Kolkata, near Garia Bazar Metro Railway
- A small temple in Tezpur, Assam
- Sri Baba Lokenath Mission (Lokenath Mission) - Pandu (Loco Colony), Guwahati, Assam
- A small temple of Baba Loknath at Naharkatia, Balughat Dist- Dibrugarh (Assam)
- A small temple of Baba Loknath at Rangapara, TalTala Colony, PIN-784505, Dist- Sonitpur (Assam) ,
- Lokhnath Ashram, Ashram Road, Silchar, Dist. Cachar (Assam)
- A small temple of Baba Loknath at Belonia, South Tripura (Tripura)
- A sizable temple is under construction in Sarasima at Belonia, South Tripura . Organizer name: Lokenath Sebashram Society.
- A small temple in Tripura, Santirbazar , near Ramthukarmandir
- www.babaLokenath.org - a useful website about his teachings.
- Website containing info, pictures, video, music etc. of Sri Sri Baba Lokenath Brahmachari