|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2011)|
|Quick Draw McGraw character|
|First appearance||"Scary Prairie"|
|Voiced by||Daws Butler
("Wake, Rattle, and Roll")
Baba Looey is Quick Draw McGraw's sidekick. He is brown, has long ears, wears a sombrero, and speaks with a thick Mexican accent. He is often seen hanging around with Quick Draw and helps him catch bad guys.
Baba Looey is often portrayed as the more thoughtful half of the duo. At times realizing some detail about a given situation, Baba Looey tries desperately to caution Quick Draw of a trap or other danger, before Quick Draw charges headlong into the fray without listening or giving consideration to his surroundings.
- Gary Dell'Abate, the executive producer of The Howard Stern Show, received his nickname from his mispronunciation of Baba Looey's name. On July 26, 1990, Gary mistakenly called Baba Looey "Baba Booey" during a discussion of original cartoon cels, saying that he was thinking bout getting "Quickdraw McGraw and Baba Booey" cels next.
- In the Daria episode "Lane Miserables", Trent asks the title character, "Why did Quick Draw McGraw hang around with that freaky little mule?"
- The name is a parody of "Babalu", a traditional Cuban song made popular in the United States by Desi Arnaz.
- In an episode of The Brady Bunch, Marcia can be seen watching Baba Looey and Quick Draw McGraw on TV.
- Baba Looey, along with Quick Draw McGraw, makes an appearance in the Samurai Jack episode "The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful".
- Baba Looey made a brief cameo in a MetLife commercial in 2012.
- In the Drawn Together episode "Breakfast Food Killer" Baba Looey made an appearance going by the name "Baba Booey". He was waiting in line to become the new mascot of Quackers cereal and randomly started jumping around and attacking people.
|This article about an animated character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hanna-Barbera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|