|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2011)|
|Quick Draw McGraw character|
|First appearance||Scary Prairie|
|Voiced by||Daws Butler
(Wake, Rattle, and Roll)
Although technically the sidekick, or deputy, to the main character of Sheriff Quick Draw, he is often portrayed as the more thoughtful half of the duo. At times realizing some detail about a given situation, Baba Looey tries desperately to caution Quick Draw of a trap or other danger, before Quick Draw charges headlong into the fray without listening or giving consideration to his surroundings.
Popular culture 
In the Daria episode "Lane Miserables", Trent asked the title character "Why did Quick Draw McGraw hang around with that freaky little mule?"
The name is a parody of "Babalu", a traditional Cuban song made popular in the United States by Desi Arnaz.
Other appearances 
- Baba Looey along with Quick Draw McGraw made an appearance in the Samurai Jack episode "The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful".
- Baba Looey made a cameo appearance in The Angry Beavers episode "Dumbwaiters" where he is seen among the customers at the restaurant.
- In an episode of The Brady Bunch, Marcia can be seen watching Baba Looey and Quick Draw McGraw on TV.
- The executive producer of The Howard Stern Show, Gary Dell'Abate, is eternally branded with the nickname "Baba Booey" after he mispronounced Baba Looey's name during a discussion of original cartoon cels saying that "Baba Booey is my favorite character".
- Baba Looey made a brief cameo in a MetLife commercial in 2012.
- In Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon, there is a person in the convention that cosplays as Baba Looey.
|This article about an animated character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network Studios-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|