The Poor Heiress
|Created by||Associated Broadcasting Company|
|Directed by||Eric Quizon
|Opening theme||"Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin"
sung by Faith Cuneta
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English, Min Nan|
|No. of episodes||113|
|Executive producer(s)||Manuel V. Pangilinan|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
Fox Filipino (2013-present)
|Original run||February 7, 2011– July 15, 2011|
The timeslot was changed through the April Season to 9pm the original time the series was normally shown was 8:30pm and moved up to 9:00-9:30pm after its primetime suspense series Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak on its primetime block.
Babaeng Hampaslupa tells the story of two clans, the Wong and the See. A modern day fairytale set on the boundaries between the Filipino and Chinese community.
Three generations of women tell a story and cope in the inner strength in the eyes of their faiths looking for love, respect, power, and self happiness.
The story also chronicles on lost loves between Helena See (Susan Roces) and George Wong (Freddie Webb) and the powerful manipulative Edward Wong (Eddie Garcia). The soap also shows flashbacks of young Helena See (Sheryl Cruz) with the Wong brothers, young George Wong (Mico Palanca) and young Edward Wong (Bernard Palanca).
The powerful love between Anastacia See/Diana Wong (Alice Dixson) and Charles Wong (Jay Manalo) and the vindictive Katarina Manansala/Wong (Bing Loyzaga), Charles' manipulative wife turned ex in his perspective and Harry Bautista (Wendell Ramos), the newfound love in Anastacia/Diana's life.
But between all their trials and tribulations they will face, who will they truly love and be with in the end of all their success?
- Susan Roces as Helena See/ Helena See Wong
- Alice Dixson as Diana Wong/Anastacia See
- Alex Gonzaga as Grace Mallari/Elizabeth Wong/Grace Elizabeth Wong/ Grace Elizabeth Wong See
- Freddie Webb as George Wong
- Eddie Garcia as Edward Wong
- Jay Manalo as Charles Wong
- Bing Loyzaga as Katarina Wong/ Katarina Manansala
- Karel Marquez as Stephanie/Fake Elizabeth Wong
- Christian Vasquez as William Wong
- Shiela Marie Rodriguez as Margaret Wong
- Marita Zobel as Elizabeth Wong (George Wong's Wife)
- Celso Ad. Castillo as Master Ming
- Martin Escudero as Andrew See
- Alwyn Uytingco as Renato "Nato" Ramirez
- Susan Africa as Epiphania "Epang" Mallari
- Julio Diaz as Tomas Mallari
- Vandolph as Redentor
- Dianne Medina as Beauty
- Jenny Quizon as Josephine Perez
- Dolphy Jr. as Manuel Ramirez
- Anne Villegas as Dora
- Piper Mishalucha as Yvonne
- Wendell Ramos as Harry Bautista
- Eric Quizon as Atty. Jefferson Go
- Joseph Bitangcol as Adrian
- Carlos Morales as Jong Delos Santos
- Odette Khan as Tiyang/Mameng
- Rosemarie Sarita as Yaya Emma
- Joross Gamboa as Phillip Cheng
- Aprilyn Gustillo as Amanda
- Sheryl Cruz as young Helena See
- Bernard Palanca as young Edward Wong
- Mico Palanca as young George Wong
- John Uy as Emerson Wong
- Wendy Valdez as Janet
- Grace Mallari/Elizabeth Wong/Grace Elizabeth Wong
- George Wong
- Edward Wong
- Charles Wong
- Katarina Wong / Katarina Manansala
- Stephanie / Elizabeth Wong(Fake)
- William Wong
- Margaret Wong
- Elizabeth Wong (George Wong's First Wife)
- Helena See
- Diana Wong/Anastacia See
- Andrew See
The following song is the main song in the series:
- Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin- Babaeng Hampaslupa's official theme, performed by Faith Cuneta.
- Dubbed to be the best series ever that TV5 produced.
- This Series is shot at the Hwa Chong Temple in Malabon Philippines.
- The series had a critical response of becoming a new landmark to primetime TV series.
- It received an extension till July 11 due to its well received ratings and reviews.
- Veteran actors Susan Roces and Eddie Garcia were previously seen in a MMK episode back in 2008.
- Alice Dixson was given praise for her role in the drama series as heroine/antagonist.