Babak Larian, MD, FACS is the director of the Center for Advanced Head & Neck Surgery in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. He is also the director of the Head and Neck Cancer Center at Cedars-Sinai. He is also involved at the Cedars-Sinai Thyroid Cancer Center and the Cedars-Sinai Sinus Center. Currently he also serves as the assistant clinical professor of surgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine. Dr. Larian is the current Medical Director of the HELPS International Medical Mission. As a medical author, he has served as a member of the editorial review panel for several peer-reviewed journals. He is the Managing Partner of the LaPeer Surgery Center, a medical organization specializing in various fields including Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Larian did his medical education at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, University of California. He did his surgical training at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. He received the Merk Manual Award in 1996. He specializes in the treatment of all head and neck cancers, including complex advanced tumors, skull base tumors and recurrent cancers.
Dr. Babak Larian is professionally affiliated to the following Institutes and Organizations:
- Board Certified, 2003, American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery.
- Fellow, 2007, American Head & Neck Society.
- Fellow, 2006, American College of Surgeons.
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles Society of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
Dr. Larian is actively involved in Medical Missions for Children, an independent, non-profit organization that works to improve health outcomes of the world's critically ill children. He is also involved in other charity ventures such as the Global Smile Foundation, Helps International and Los Angeles Free Clinic.
In 2011, Dr. Larian was named by the U.S. World and News Report as one of the Top Doctors in the field of ENT. He has also won accolades for his medical research, including those in the field of Micro Parotidectomy, minimally invasive thyroidectomy, and Balloon Sinuplasty. He has served as a member of the editorial review panel for several peer-reviewed journals, the most prominent being Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Trauma, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery.
- Azizzadeh, Babak; Buga, Georgette M.; Berke, Gerald S.; Larian, Babak; Ignarro, Louis J.; Blackwell, Keith E. (2003). "Inhibitors of Nitric Oxide Promote Microvascular Thrombosis". Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery 5 (1): 31–5. doi:10.1001/archfaci.5.1.31. PMID 12533135.
- Azizzadeh, Babak; Enayati, Pedram; Chhetri, Dinesh; Maghami, Ellie; Larian, Babak; Blackwell, Keith E.; Abemayor, Elliot; Calcaterra, Thomas C. (2002). "Long-term Survival Outcome in Transhyoid Resection of Base of Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma". Archives of Otolaryngology—Head & Neck surgery 128 (9): 1067–70. doi:10.1001/archotol.128.9.1067. PMID 12220214.
- Larian, Babak; Alavi, Sassan; Roesler, John; Namazie, Ali; Blackwell, Keith; Calcaterra, Thomas C.; Wang, Marilene B. (2001). "The role of hyperplasia in multiple parathyroid adenomas". Head & Neck 23 (2): 134–9. doi:10.1002/1097-0347(200102)23:2<134::AID-HED1008>3.0.CO;2-J. PMID 11303630.
- Larian, B; Wong, B; Crumley, RL; Moeinolmolki, B; Muranaka, E; Keates, RH (1999). "Facial trauma and ocular/orbital injury". The Journal of cranio-maxillofacial trauma 5 (4): 15–24. PMID 11951261.
- Givens, Kerry T.; Lee, David A.; Kothschiller, Jim; Kitada, Shinichi; Larian, Babak; Cortes, Andres (1990). "Antiproliferative drugs and human ocular fibroblasts: Colorimetric vs. Cell counting assays". Current Eye Research 9 (6): 599–606. doi:10.3109/02713689008999599. PMID 2143720.
- "Cedars-Sinai". Cedars-sinai.edu. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Helps International". Helpsintl.org. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Dr. Babak Larian, ENT Head Neck Surgery, Parathyroid, Sinus Surgery, Beverly Hills La Peer Los Angeles - La Peer Surgery Center". Lapeerhealth.com. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Multispecialty Specialists | January 2012". Plastic Surgery Practice. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "BA_47873" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- PRWeb – Thu, Dec 8, 2011 (2011-12-08). "Five La Peer Health Systems Surgeons Named U.S. World and News Report Top Doctors - Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Balloon Sinuplasty Offers Immediate Relief For Those With Chronic Sinusltis". Prweb.com. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- PRWeb – Wed, Nov 9, 2011 (2011-11-09). "Dr. Babak Larian Announces That The Micro Parotidectomy Minimally Invasive Surgery Technique Reduces Recovery Time & Scarring - Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- PRWeb – Wed, Dec 14, 2011 (2011-12-14). "New Study Reports Decrease In Throat Cancer Deaths in the United States - Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-02-01.