The Babars were successors of the Nikumbha dynasty and ruled the Khandesh from the eighth century until the advent of Faruqi rule. They served as Deshmukhs under the Bahmani Sultanates. The Babars were Sardars of Shivaji. They took part in the Maratha War of Independence (1682–1707) and served rulers such as Sambhaji, Rajaram and Tarabai.
- Gajanan Dharmshi Babar Former member of parliament From Maval lok sabha constituency,india
- Mahadev Babar - Former MLA from hadapsar vidhan sabha constituency,maharashtra
- Anil Babar current Member of maharashtra legislative assembly from khanapur vidhan sabha constituency
- Kulkarni, G. T. (1983). The Mughal-Maratha Relations: Twenty-five Fateful Years, 1682-1707. Dept. of History, Deccan College Post-Graduate Research Institute.
- Deccan Studies. Hyderabad: Centre for Deccan Studies. 2006.