Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University|
|Motto||।। तंत्रज्ञानात् विकासः ।।|
|Motto in English||Development through Technology|
|Vice-Chancellor||R. B. Mankar|
|Location||Lonere, Maharashtra, India
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University (BATU) is a unitary, state university  located at Lonere in Raigad district, Maharashtra, India. Established by Government of Maharashtra in 1989 under the Government of Maharashtra Act 1983. 
The campus covers an area of 525 acres (2,120,000 m2), and is located at the college town of Lonere, off the NH-17 (Mumbai-Goa National Highway). It is approximately 25 km north of Mahad city and 10 km south of Mangaon tehsil, and about 22 ms away from the renowned Raigad fort of the Maratha king Shivaji. The campus is in the vicinity of the industrial belt comprising Thane, Belapur, Nagothane, Patalganga, Roha, Mahad, etc.
The university has the following 8 academic departments:
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and telecommunication engineering
- Information technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Petrochemical engineering
DBATU is unitary in character, and features undergraduate and postgraduate programs in core engineering disciplines. It offers four-year undergraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree in each of the departments' disciplines. It also offers two-year postgraduate programs that lead to the awarding of Master of Technology (M. Tech.) degree in the disciplines of chemical, computer, electronics and telecommunication, environmental, manufacturing and in thermal and fluids engineering.
|Ph.D.||Two year (Minimum)|
|Advanced Diploma||One year|
The students organize following major events/activities regularly :
- Technical and Co-Curricular Activities
ISTE Student Chapter Activities;
- Technical Paper Presentation Competitions/conferences such as Chemfraternirty and Technotrend;
- Activities of Students Association such as ACES, MESA, EESA, TEESA, CESA, ChESA, SAChE, PESA and FIT;
- Model since 2010-2011 electronics department started an IETE chapter.
- Building Competitions;
- Publication of annual university magazine "Abhiyantriki";
- Avishkar (Research)
- Cultural Activities
- Sport Activities
- Annual sports, Ashwamedh (Sports)
- "University Grant Commission". Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Commonwealth Universities Yearbook , Volumes 1-4. Association of Commonwealth Universities. p. 743.
- "Maharashtra Prathamik Shikshan Parishad". mpsp.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Kumar, compiled by Ameeta Gupta, Ashish (2006). Handbook of universities. New Delhi: Atlantic Publishers & Distributors. ISBN 978-8126906086.
- "Official Website of Dr.BATU,Lonere". Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Tech University,Students' and Alumni informative blog". Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- editor; Ramchandani, vice president Dale Hoiberg; editor South Asia, Indu (2000). Careers.. New Delhi: Encyclopædia Britannica (India). ISBN 9780852297612.