|Created by||Dan Berendsen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||33 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Berendsen
Jan Siegelman (pilot only)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Don't Borrow Trouble
ABC Family Original Productions
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original channel||ABC Family|
|Original run||June 20, 2012– present|
Baby Daddy is an ABC Family original comedy television series starring Jean-Luc Bilodeau, that premiered on June 20, 2012. The series was given a green-light on February 2, 2012 and began production on March 28, 2012. On August 17, 2012, the series was renewed for a second season, which premiered on May 29, 2013.
The series follows Ben, a guy in his twenties, who gets the surprise of his life when a one night stand leaves her baby at his doorstep. Ben decides to raise his little girl with the help of his brother, Danny, his two close friends, Riley and Tucker, and his mother, Bonnie.
Cast and characters
- Benjamin Bon Jovi "Ben" Wheeler(Jean-Luc Bilodeau): the lead character of the series. He's a young man in his early 20's living the life of a bachelor as a bartender in New York City with his buddy Tucker and his brother Danny. His life is turned upside down when he comes home one day to find a baby girl left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. He doesn't know what he wants to do with his life yet. He learns a lesson that he has to believe in himself if he's going to raise his daughter. He used to have feelings for Riley after they danced at a wedding. He then dated a daycare worker named Megan, but they broke up due to Ben losing her dog. Ever since then, Ben has developed feelings for Riley, yet again. As of the season 2 finale, they are now dating.
- Tucker Dobbs (Tahj Mowry): Ben's best friend and roommate. Tucker is friendly towards everybody so long as they don't eat all of his food. He and Bonnie are the only ones who know Danny is in love with Riley. He has an on-off relationship with his girlfriend Vanessa. It is shown that nobody likes her other than Tucker. In episode 24, "The Emma Dilemma", he breaks up with her via voicemail.
- Daniel "Danny" J. Wheeler (Derek Theler): Ben's older brother, who is a professional hockey player. He was traded to the Rangers. His little brother looks up to him, because he has everything a man would want. He's the only person who knows that Riley loves Ben. In turn he loves Riley, but she doesn't know how he feels and he feels awkward because she often shares her feelings for Ben with him. He is dating a psychologist, Amy, who he has strong feelings for as well. After the second season finale, he and Amy are no longer in a relationship. 
- Bonnie Wheeler (Melissa Peterman): Ben and Danny's mother. She wanted to be a model but never "recovered" after having Danny. She thinks that Ben isn't ready to take care of a child because she still "buys his pants." She and Tucker are the only ones who know Danny is in love with Riley.
- Riley Perrin (Chelsea Kane): Ben's close female friend and Danny's best friend since they were little. It has been said that she was extremely overweight in highschool and has since lost 200 pounds. She is highly intelligent, despite having some difficulty with the LSATs she did well enough to get accepted into law school. She has liked Ben ever since they were young but only Danny knows. She then started to develop feelings for Danny, but it faded once Danny started dating his girlfriend Amy. It is shown in recent episodes that Riley still has some feelings for Ben. And now, as of the season 2 finale, they are now dating.
- Emma Wheeler (Ali and Suzy Hartman in season 1; Mila and Zoey Beske since season 2): Ben's 3-month-old daughter, who was left at his doorstep by his ex-girlfriend.
- Dr. Amy Shaw (Lacey Chabert): A psychologist for the New York Rangers and Danny's girlfriend. She's been described as uptight but also accepting and sweet. She cares deeply for Danny but is constantly worried his feelings for Riley will drive him away. She eventually realizes Danny still loves Riley and breaks up with him at the end of season 2.
- Fitch Douglas (Matt Dallas): Son of a millionaire and Riley's boyfriend. Fitch does not speak to his family for he feels their money corrupts them. He is described as being perfect, handsome, and charitable. He constantly travels to Africa to help the children and orphanages, having a long distance relationship with Riley. He is seemingly killed in Africa but later turns up alive at his funeral and proposes to Riley. She regretfully declines claiming she is not the one for him.
- Angela (Mimi Gianopulos) is the mother of Emma and the ex-girlfriend of Ben. When her daughter was 3 months old, she abandoned her on Ben's doorstep. She's an aspiring actress.
- Ray Wheeler (Greg Grunberg): Ben and Danny's father. He is divorced from Bonnie and doesn't get along with her. He makes amends with Bonnie by finally telling his family he is gay with a partner named Steve. Bonnie is happy for she knows it's now "not her fault" they got divorced.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 28, 2012). "ABC Family has Begun Production on the New Comedy Series 'Baby Daddy'". TV by the Numbers.
- "On the Heels of Its Most Successful year on Record ABC Family Announces the First Portion of Its New Original Programming Slate". The Futon Critic. February 2, 2012. Retrieved May 19, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "ABC Family Sets Summer Premiere Dates". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Deadline, The. "ABC Family Renews 'Baby Daddy' For Season 3". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Baby Daddy, Episode Title: "The Naked Truth", TheFutonCritic.com
- "About the Show." ABC Family. Retrieved 05-19-2012.
- Bob Koherr (director), Vince Cheung and Ben Montanio (writers) (June 12, 2013). "New Bonnie vs. Old Ben". Season 2. Episode 4. 18:32 minutes in. ABC Family.
- "ABC Family's New Series Baby Daddy Casts Lead Role". March 1, 2012. - ABC Family
- "Meet the Cast of ABC Family’s Baby Daddy: Tahj Mowry". - ABC Family
- "Meet the Cast of ABC Family’s Baby Daddy: Derek Theler". - ABC Family
- "Meet the Cast of ABC Family’s Baby Daddy: Melissa Peterman". - ABC Family
- "Casting News! Chelsea Kane Joins Baby Daddy Cast". January 28, 2012. - ABC Family