From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Babylonian may refer to:
- Babylon, a Semitic Akkadian city-state of ancient Mesopotamia founded in 1894 BC
- Babylonia, an ancient Akkadian-speaking Semitic nation state and cultural region based in central-southern Mesopotamia (present-day Iraq)
- Babylonian language, a dialect of the Akkadian language
- Babylonian calendar
- The Babylonian captivity or Babylonian exile, a period in Jewish history
- Babylonian Jews - Jews of the area of modern day Iraq and north Syria
- Babylonian literature
- Babylonian mathematics, also known as Assyro-Babylonian mathematics
- Babylonian religion
- First Babylonian Dynasty, the first dynasty of Babylonia
- Neo-Babylonian Empire (539–626 BC)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Babylonian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.