|Current region||Mumbai, India|
|Notable members||Harivansh Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
|Connected families||Kapoor family|
The family includes Amitabh's wife, actress Jaya Bhaduri, their son, actor Abhishek Bachchan, daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Time magazine listed Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai on its list of most influential Indians.
Amitabh Bachchan is the son of Hindi poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan. Amitabh's wife is actress Jaya Bachchan. Their children are Shweta Nanda and actor Abhishek Bachchan. Abhishek is married to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and they have a daughter named Aaradhya. The family stays in the two famous houses, Jalsa and Pratheeksha, in Mumbai. Shweta is married to Nikhil Nanda, the son of Ritu Nanda and grandson of actor Raj Kapoor. Shweta's children are son Agastya Nanda and daughter Navya Naveli Nanda.
The Bachchan family have seven Padma Awards, by the Government of India, to their credit. These are:
- Two received by Harivansh Rai Bachchan (Padma Shri in 19.. and (Padma Bhushan in 1976)
- Three received by Amitabh Bachchan (Padma Shri in 1984, Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015)
- One received by Jaya Bachchan (Padma Shri in 1992)
- One received by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Padma Shri in 2009)
- "Nikhil Nanda & Shweta Bachchan - Take a peek at the business & political landscape of marriages". The Times Of India.
- Robinson, Simon (15 August 2007). "India's Most Influential". Time. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- BTM (December 6, 2011). "Amitabh Bachchan houses in Mumbai".