||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2014)|
|Headquarters||South Harwich, MA, US|
|Thomas R. Kennedy and Patricia W. Kennedy, founders|
|Products||Data Stewardship Platform, dspCloud, Data Quality as a Service, Data Audit, SAP Accelerators, ERP2, DBMoto|
|Services||Data Quality, Data Migration, Information Governance, Enterprise Performance Management, Mass Data Uploads, Change Data Capture, Real-time Data Replication, Mobile Data Governance|
Number of employees
BackOffice Associates, LLC is a South Harwich, MA based software and services company focused on data migration, information governance, master data management (MDM) and data quality for enterprise systems. The company has global offices in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Singapore, Dubai, India and Australia with development offices and corporate headquarters based in the United States.
BackOffice Associates, LLC was founded in 1996 by Tom and Trish Kennedy, and delivers data migration and data governance solutions with a focus on data quality for enterprise systems, partnering with large software companies like Oracle and SAP. Over the years, BackOffice Associates released several solutions and services, including the Data Stewardship Platform (DSP), allowing customers to see the business relevance of their data. Employing hundreds of on-site consultants, BackOffice Associates works with Fortune ranked customers worldwide, with locations in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Singapore, Dubai, India and Australia, and ranked in Inc. 5000 list of growing private companies. In expansion of their product and solution offerings to ERP customers, BackOffice Associates acquired Quadrate, a software development company with tools for data loading, extraction and reporting for SAP ERP systems in February 2010. In March 2010, they acquired CPM Consulting, a SAP partner with business consulting and technology projects in Enterprise Project Management. Shortly thereafter, they acquired HiT Software, a California-based development company focused on data integration, change data capture, data replication, XML transformation and IBM DB2 connectivity software. BackOffice Associates acquired Headwall Software, Inc., a Canada-based software development company in July 2012 and in December 2013 they acquired ENTOTA, the UK-based SAP data services consultancy company further strengthening their SAP partnership. Backed by Goldman Sachs, the company bought out its founders in 2012.
- In December 2013, BackOffice Associates acquired ENTOTA, UK-based SAP data services consultancy.
- In July 2012, BackOffice Associates acquired Headwall Software Inc., a Canada-based custom mobile solutions company.
- In April 2010, BackOffice Associates acquired HiT Software, a California-based company specializing in data integration, change data capture, data replication, XML transformation and IBM DB2 connectivity software.
- In March 2010, BackOffice Associates acquired CPM Consulting, a SAP partner with business consulting and technology projects in Enterprise Project Management.
- In February 2010, BackOffice Associates acquired Quadrate, a software development company for their ERP2 and Qubed products.
In 2014, BackOffice Associates made several expansions by opening new offices in Richmond, Virginia and over seas in Switzerland, Dubai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Melbourne, Australia. BackOffice Associates is still headquartered in South Harwich, MA.
BackOffice Associates' largest partnership is with SAP AG. Through a global reseller agreement in 2014, SAP now resells two BackOffice solutions as SAP-branded offerings for data migration and data governance projects. BackOffice Associates also has strategic partnerships with Oracle Corporation, Microsoft, IBM, Google Cloud Platform, Dassault Systèmes and more.
- “BackOffice Associates' Kennedy's are a Cape coding couple,” By: Jay Rizoli, Boston Business Journal, March 7, 2008
- Alspach, Kyle (December 2012). "BackOffice Associates steps up partnership with SAP". Boston Business Journal.
- Sarrel, Matt (October 2013). "Review: Data Stewardship Platform Eases ERP Migration". Enterprise Apps Today.
- Inc. 5000 (2011). "Company Profile". Inc.
- Woodie, Alex (May 2010). "HiT Software Acquired by BackOffice Associates". IT Jungle.
- Gold, Robert (July 2012). "BackOffice buys Canadian business". Cape Cod Times.
- Savvas, Antony (December 2013). "BackOffice buys UK-based SAP specialist to grow big data business". Computerworld UK.
- Kharif, Olga (May 2012). "BackOffice Associates in Talks With Goldman Sachs for an IPO". Bloomberg.
- "BackOffice Associates Enters Global Reseller Agreement with SAP". Database Trends and Applications.