||This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007)
Back for the Attack is the fourth studio album by heavy metal band Dokken. It was released in 1987.
It is the best-selling album by Dokken and includes hits such as "Dream Warriors" and "Mr. Scary". Back for the Attack was the last studio album until Dysfunctional came out in 1995 and the last studio album before the band broke up. Dokken reformed in 1993.
Album description 
The album includes a remixed re-release of the song " Dream Warriors". The song was first released earlier in 1987 as the theme song for the movie A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. The three other singles on the album were and "Burning Like a Flame", "Heaven Sent", and "Prisoner". There is also a George Lynch and Jeff Pilson instrumental, "Mr. Scary".
For this album, they toured Japan in April, 1988. That tour was recorded for the Beast from the East album, released in 1988. They also performed at Van Halen's Monsters of Rock Tour 1988 from May 23-July 30, 1988. After that tour the band broke-up.
The band took the title of the album from an earlier track of the same name recorded during the sessions for Under Lock and Key. The song was later released as a B-side to the "Dream Warriors" single available on vinyl and cassette. The band liked the title, and re-used it for the album title. Japanese re-pressings of the CD since 2009 have begun including the song Back for the Attack as a bonus track at the end of the album.
Back For The Attack peaked at #13 on the billboard U.S. charts, and was certified platinum by the RIAA.
Track listing 
- "Kiss of Death" (Lynch/Dokken/Pilson) — 5:51
- "Prisoner" (Lynch/Pilson/Brown) — 4:20
- "Night by Night" (Pilson/Lynch/Brown/Dokken ) — 5:23
- "Standing in the Shadows" (Dokken/Lynch/Pilson) — 5:07
- "Heaven Sent" (Dokken/Lynch/Pilson) — 4:52
- "Mr. Scary" (Lynch/Pilson) — 4:31
- "So Many Tears" (Dokken/Lynch/Pilson) — 4:56
- "Burning Like a Flame" (Lynch/Pilson/Dokken/Brown) — 4:46
- "Lost Behind the Wall" (Lynch/Brown/Dokken/Pilson) — 4:19
- "Stop Fighting Love" (Pilson/Lynch/Dokken/Brown) — 4:52
- "Cry of the Gypsy" (Dokken/Pilson/Lynch) — 4:51
- "Sleepless Night" (Lynch/Brown/Pilson) — 4:32
- "Dream Warriors" (Lynch/Pilson) — 4:42
- "Back For The Attack" (Dokken) — 3:51 (Bonus Track on some Japanese re-releases)