Back to the Future Part III (video game)
For other Back to the Future games, see List of Back to the Future video games
|Back to the Future Part III|
Box art (Spectrum/Amstrad version)
|Series||Back to the Future|
|Distribution||Sega Mega Drive cartridge or floppy disk|
Back to the Future Part III (or Back to the Future III) is the title of a video game released for the Sega Genesis and is based on the film of the same name. The game is different from LJN's Back to the Future Part II & III video game released for the NES. The game was released in 1991 for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, Sega Master System, and the ZX Spectrum. Each version of the game is more or less identical and all are loosely based on the popular film of the same name. The game was developed by Probe Software and published by Image Works and Arena Entertainment (for Sega).
The main game features four different levels (there are some differences between versions).
- Rescue Clara
- Players control Doc Brown on a horse as he races to save Clara Clayton from running off into a ravine. Players must duck and jump over obstacles while using a pistol to shoot enemies and other obstacles. In the DOS version, there are also top down segments where Doc can collect a shotgun to fire in multiple directions.
- Target Shoot
- Players control Marty as he shoots targets in a target range. A bonus round can be obtained by shooting multi-colored ducks.
- Marty vs. Buford's Men
- Players control Marty as he uses pie dishes to fight off against Buford's men, and eventually Buford himself.
- The Train
- Players control Marty as he makes away across the train, collecting speed logs necessary to get the train up to 88 miles per hour (142 km/h) while fending off enemies and avoiding obstacles such as hooks or puffs of smoke.
- Sinclair User review
- C&VG magazine, issue 114 page 46
- C&VG magazine, issue 209 page 30
- Lesser, Hartley; Lesser, Patricia & Lesser, Kirk (April 1992). "The Role of Computers". Dragon (180): 57–61.
- Back to the Future Part III at MobyGames
- Back to the Future III at World of Spectrum
- Back to the Future Part III at Lemon 64
- Back to the Future III at CPC Zone
- Back to the Future III at Atari Legend