|Founded||Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2003)|
|Jouk Pleiter, CEO & Co-Founder|
Backbase is a software company, founded in the Netherlands in 2003, which has offices in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Atlanta and New York, United States, and London, United Kingdom. The core products of Backbase are the Backbase Customer Experience Platform (Backbase CXP) and Backbase Engage (a digital banking solution).
CXP: Customer Experience Platform In 2008, Backbase decided to develop its own Portal Software. Backbase had made a 180-degree turn in its focus based on a shift it saw in the market with company Marketing Departments beginning to take over responsibility from IT Departments for the customer-facing part of their web sites. In 2009 Backbase released Backbase Portal 4. In May 2011, Backbase released Backbase Portal 5, which was named a 'Portal Less Portal' by Gartner and the first Portal Software product that fully embraced WOA, Widgets and a RESTful architecture.
In 2014 Backbase changed the naming of its software from Backbase Portal to Backbase Customer Experience Platform to highlight the new features of its core product that now includes Portal, WCM, Mobile and Digital Marketing capabilities  Next to this, Backbase launched its own digital banking offering: Backbase Engage as a vertical solution for financial services.
- Backbase Enterprise Ajax for Java Introduces Free Community Version, IndicThreads, May 20, 2008.
- Dee-Ann LeBlanc. Backbase: A Rich Portal-Building Framework, CMS Wire, September 29, 2010.
- David Roe. Backbase Boasts 'Lean, Agile' Customer Experience Platform, CMS Wire, March 25, 2014.
- Reuters. Backbase Releases Backbase CXP 5.5 With Added Mobile and WCM Features, 'Backbase, January 22, 2014.
- PR Newswire. Backbase Launches Backbase Engage: Digital Banking in a Box, PR Newswire, April 30, 2014.