From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up backfire in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Back-fire is an unintended explosion produced in a vehicle's engine.
Backfire also may refer to:
Film and television
- Backfire (1950 film), featuring Virginia Mayo and Gordon Macrae
- Backfire (film), a 1987 movie starring Karen Allen
- Backfire! (film), a 1995 spoof movie starring Josh Mosby and Robert Mitchum
- "Backfire" (CSI: Miami), an episode of the TV show CSI:Miami
- Backfire, a recurring segment on The Daily Show, 1996-1998
- Backfire, NATO reporting name for the Soviet and Russian Tupolev Tu-22M long range bomber
- Operation Backfire (WWII), the launch of three A4 rockets in October 1945 near Cuxhaven
- Operation Backfire (FBI), an FBI operation against the radical environmental movement
- In economics, in the Jevons paradox, when the rebound effect exceeds 100%
- Backfire!, an arcade game
- Backfire (album), by the Goa trance group Transwave
- Backfire (Transformers), a fictional character
- Controlled burn or backfire, a firefighting technique
- An alcoholic cocktail made of Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlúa, and vodka in equal portions
- Version 10.03 of the OpenWrt firmware
- An occurrence of unintended consequences that are the opposite of the intended result, or detrimental
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.