|Single by New Boyz featuring The Cataracs and Dev|
|from the album Too Cool to Care|
|Released||February 15, 2011|
|Genre||Hip hop, synthpop|
|Label||Shotty, Asylum, Warner Bros.|
|Writer(s)||Dominic Thomas, Earl Benjamin, Niles Hollowell Dhar, David Singer Vine, Devin Tailes|
|New Boyz chronology|
"Backseat" is a song recorded by American hip hop duo New Boyz. The song was released as a single on February 15, 2011 as a digital download in the United States and currently serves as the second single released from the duo's second album Too Cool to Care. The song features guest contributions from The Cataracs & Dev and contains elements of hip-hop, rap, electropop, and dance music.
A music video was directed by Jake Davis. It was premiered on March 7, 2011. It features appearances by featured artist Dev in shiny glittering dress, which changes into a white-and-pink dress with a quarter of a pyramid and The Cataracs. The first few scenes were shot with a silver Mercedes-Benz 300SL, with appearance by all artists. The scene changes to a "party in a club" scene after the second chorus, and the back seats of a car, given the title of the song. It ends with New Boyz being covered by the shadows. Ironically, the music video contains cars that actually don't feature back seats as well as a mustang in place of the Camaro that is not orange. Also in the video, car miniatures were used to create an illusion of it being full scale models.
- iTunes released "Backseat" as a deluxe single.
- Deluxe single
|1.||"Backseat" (featuring The Cataracs & Dev)||Dominic Anthony Thomas, Earl Henry Benjamin, Niles Hollowell Dhar, David Singer Vine, Devin Tailes||The Cataracs||3:44|
|2.||"Backseat" (Instrumental Version)||The Cataracs||3:44|
|3.||"Tough Kids" (featuring Sabi)||Earl Benjamin, Dominic Thomas, Khalil Abdul Rahman||DJ Khalil||3:10|
"Backseat" debuted at #37 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has peaked at #26 in its twelfth week, becoming the duo's third top forty hit in the United States. As of July 2011, the song has now sold over 1,000,000 digital copies.
|Australia (Australian Singles Chart)||89|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||44|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||52|
|New Zealand (RIANZ)||28|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||55|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||16|
|US Billboard Hot 100||26|
|US Pop Songs (Billboard)||17|
|US Rap Songs (Billboard)||12|
|US Billboard Hot 100||84|
- "New Boyz " Backseat " Video Shoot - Behind the Scenes". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "New Boyz " Backseat " ft. The Cataracs & Dev ( Official HD Video )". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Backseat (feat. The Cataracs & Dev) - Deluxe Single". iTunes. 2011-02-17.
- Hot 100 - Top 31-40 from Billboard.com
- Grein, Paul (2011-07-06). "Week Ending July 3, 2011. Songs: Sons Of A Legend". Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- "Chartifacts - Week Commencing: 18th April 2011". Australian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on April 19, 2011. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – New Boyz feat. The Cataracs & Dev – Backseat" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- New Boyz. "Backseat - New Boyz". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Chart #1772 – Monday 9 May 2011: Top 40 Singles Chart". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. May 9, 2011. Retrieved May 10, 2011.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-05-14" UK Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-05-14" UK R&B Chart.
- "Pop Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Rap Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Best of 2011: Hot 100 Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
|This 2010s hip hop single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|