From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up backup in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Backup is the computing function of making copies of data to enable recovery from data loss.
Backup may also refer to:
- Backup (software), Apple Mac software
- Backup and Restore, Windows software
- Backup software, the software that performs this function
- List of backup software, specific software packages, loosely categorized
- Backup site, part of a disaster recovery plan
Electrical power facilities
- Battery backup, the use of batteries to continue operation of electrical devices in the absence of utility electric power
- Backup battery, similar to above
- Backup generator, see emergency power system, the use of a generator to achieve a similar purpose
- Backup band, a band who plays music in support of a lead musician
- Backing vocalist, one who sings in harmony with a "lead vocalist"
- "Back Up" (Danity Kane song), a song by Danity Kane from their album Danity Kane
- "Back Up" (Pitbull song), a song by American rapper Pitbull. It was released on August 3, 2004
- Backup camera, a camera on the rear of a vehicle, used while moving backwards
- Backup accident, a type of car accident
- Traffic backup, a traffic jam
- Backing up, driving a vehicle in reverse gear
- Back-up goaltender, an ice hockey team's second-string goaltender
- Backup (TV series), a BBC series about a police Operational Support Unit
- Backup, a 2009 work of interactive fiction by Gregory Weir
- Backup gun, an additional gun other than the primary duty gun
- Backup, in sports, a substitute player for a player in the starting lineup
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Backup.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.