Backyard Science is an Australian educational children's television show based on the Dorling Kindersley books. In this series, children experiment with everyday items in order to make something fun and practical and also provide scientific insights in a child's world.
The show is co-hosted by Tarun Victor Gordon and Dana Kronental, is co-produced by Beyond Television Productions and Penguin Television and airs on Australian free-to-air television on both the Seven Network and ABC. The series was composed of more than 78 episodes. Jason Smith was a presenter for some time.
It was broadcast in the USA under the title Crash! Bang! Splat! on the former Discovery Kids Channel.
The show is broadcast in overseas markets including:
- Croatia (Dvorište znanosti)
- Czech Republic (Věda je zábava)
- Germany (WOW - Die Entdeckerzone)
- Hungary (Da Vinci Learning)
- India (Disney India, Hungama TV and National Geographic Channel)
- Israel (LOGI Channel, Titled as 'Mitahat Laaf')
- Malaysia (Astro TVIQ)
- Pakistan (PTV)
- Poland (Da Vinci Learning)
- Romania (Da Vinci Learning)
- Russia (Da Vinci Learning)
- Turkey (Da Vinci Learning and Yumurcak TV)
- UK (Toonami and POP!)
- USA (Discovery Kids, under the title Crash! Bang! Splat!)
Backyard Science has also been sold to broadcasters in these countries:
Russia, USA, Latin America, Colombia, Canada, France, Italy, Malta, Finland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brunei, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, New Zealand, South Africa, the Middle East, and Israel.
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|