Bacolod, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Bacolod highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||May 10, 1956|
|• Mayor||Joselito E. Miquiabas|
|• Total||104.10 km2 (40.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||210/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
The municipality has four (4) secondary schools, two (2) private schools and two (2) nationalized high schools.
Bacolod was once a mere barrio of the municipality of Kolambugan, the oldest town of the province of Lanao del Norte. The term “Bacolod” derived from a Maranao word Bobolotoa meaning "small rocky island". This island is located at a point of an existing barangay called Binuni.
- Babalayan Townsite
- Delabayan West
- Liangan East
- Punod (Maliwanag)
- Poblacion Bacolod
|Population census of Bacolod|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|