Bad Boys II (soundtrack)
|Bad Boys II (soundtrack)|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||July 15, 2003|
|Genre||Hip hop, contemporary R&B|
|Label||Bad Boy / Universal|
|Producer||Sean Combs (exec.), Jerry Bruckheimer (exec.), Michael Bay (exec.), Kathy Nelson (exec.), Bob Badami (exec.), Jayson "Koko" Bridges, Cool, DJ Whoo Kid, Dr. Dre, Tony Dofat, Dré, Just Blaze, Lenny Kravitz, Ryan Leslie, M.O.P., Anthony Nance, Natural, Nelly, The Neptunes, Henry Joseph Pierre, Red Spyda, Younglord|
|Bad Boys soundtrack chronology|
Bad Boys II is the soundtrack to the 2003 action-comedy film Bad Boys II, released on July 15, 2003 through Bad Boy and Universal Records. The album peaked at number one on the Billboard 200, selling 324,000 units in the first week, becoming one of few soundtracks to reach the position. On August 21, 2003, the Recording Industry Association of America certified the album platinum with over one million units shipped.
The first single, Jay-Z's "La-La-La", is a remix of "Excuse Me Miss" from his album The Blueprint²: The Gift & The Curse. The second single, "Shake Ya Tailfeather", by Nelly, P. Diddy, and Murphy Lee, reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and it won Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group at the 46th Grammy Awards.
The 'Bad Boys II' [soundtrack] means a lot to us 'cause it's the second era of Bad Boy... When I heard they were doing Bad Boys II,' I had to pick up the phone and call Will Smith and [the movie's producer] Jerry Bruckheimer. I was like, 'I'm about to launch my label and I've never done a soundtrack. I think this would be the perfect thing.'
P. Diddy shared his views on the album, saying "it's not just one of those soundtracks where it's just a compilation record and it's not cohesive... These are all new songs. I've done a lot of work [and] I've produced almost everybody that's on the soundtrack, or I've paired on a record with them before. I'm in constant contact with them. I think that everyone respected the fact that I wanted to do something that was special".
The album received generally positive reviews from music critics. Allmusic noted that it is rare for a hip hop movie soundtrack to "be explosive and feel as if it's a solid cohesive album, rather than a showcase for various artists to use throwaway tracks". Rolling Stone concurred, saying "this is how to do a hip-hop soundtrack". Blender magazine observed that the record is "riddled with stars", "packed with production pyrotechnics", and called the album "pure Hollywood".
|1||"Intro"||Martin Lawrence, Will Smith||0:12|
|2||"Show Me Your Soul"||P. Diddy feat. Lenny Kravitz, Pharrell & Loon||5:20|
|4||"Shake Ya Tailfeather"||Nelly feat. P. Diddy & Murphy Lee||4:53|
|5||"Girl I'm a Bad Boy"||Fat Joe feat. P. Diddy & Dre||3:22|
|6||"Keep Giving Your Love to Me"||Beyoncé||3:08|
|7||"Realest Niggas"||The Notorious B.I.G. feat. 50 Cent||3:29|
|8||"Flipside"||Freeway feat. Peedi Crakk||3:55|
|9||"Gangsta Shit"||Snoop Dogg feat. Loon||4:31|
|10||"Pretty Girl Bullshit"||Mario Winans feat. Foxy Brown||4:22|
|11||"Model (Interlude)"||Martin Lawrence||0:04|
|12||"Love Don't Love Me"||Justin Timberlake||4:21|
|13||"Relax Your Mind"||Loon||4:15|
|14||"Didn't Mean"||Mary J. Blige||3:44|
|15||"God Sent You (Interlude)"||Martin Lawrence, Will Smith||0:15|
|17||"Shot You (Interlude)"||Martin Lawrence, Will Smith||0:06|
|18||"Wanna Be G's"||M.O.P.||4:38|
|Australian Albums Chart||14|
|Austrian Albums Chart||26|
|Canadian Albums Chart||1|
|Dutch Albums Chart||82|
|French Albums Chart||42|
|German Albums Chart||46|
|Swiss Albums Chart||8|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||3|
|U.S. Billboard 200||1|
- 'Bad Boys' Make Good on Billboard Albums Chart. MTV. Accessed December 19, 2007.
- "Bad Boys II" Searchable Database. RIAA. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- Tang, Melisa (2003). Bad Boys 2 Soundtrack Review. The Situation. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- Bronson, Fred (May 18, 2007). Let's Go the Movies... Not. Billboard. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- 46th Grammy Awards - 2004. Rock on the Net. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- "Bad Boys II" Soundtrack News. About.com (July 14, 2003). Accessed December 29, 2007.
- Reid, Shaheem; Pak, SuChin (July 9, 2003). P. Diddy Finally Makes Da Band Debut on 'Bad Boys II' Soundtrack. MTV. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- Allmusic review
- Blender review
- Entertainment Weekly review
- IGN review
- RapReviews review
- Rolling Stone review
- Theakston, Rob. Bad Boys II Review. Allmusic. Accessed June 7, 2007.
- Walters, Barry (July 24, 2003). Bad Boys II Review. Rolling Stone. Accessed June 7, 2007.
- Weiner, Jonah (2003). Bad Boys II Soundtrack. Blender magazine. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- allmusic ((( Bad Boys II > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums ))). Allmusic. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- Soundtrack - Bad Boys II. aCharts.us. Accessed December 29, 2007.
- Allmusic. Bad Boys II Credits. Accessed June 7, 2007.
Chapter II by Ashanti
|Billboard 200 number-one album
July 27, 2003 – August 23, 2003
Greatest Hits Volume II and Some Other Stuff
by Alan Jackson